[Discussion] 1.15.8 Hotfix is Available!

Whoaaaaa , +10 FPS at high altitude , great stuff , now a bit more testing at lower levels…

Apparently WASM is an ancient Celtic spell, and of course only initiated people devoted to the old good Lords of the Sky grasp the hidden meaning

Smooth flying for me but camera panning in cockpit seems a bit stuttery.

I mean this issue: Does this mean that all the items that were in my community folder will show now as installed?

From reading the definition of wasm I don’t think it’s related to the displayed installation status of the add-ons. But maybe someone else can correct me if I’m wrong?

And see this post for how to use a much better pause option, PAUSE ON/PAUSE OFF

1 Like

What is WASM?

WebASsemblyModule
It s a program that allows you to connect aircraft avionics in the game with an external hardware

3 Likes

i didn’t find any notes what this patch is supposed to fixed! anyone has this information?

thanks for the explanation, and why is this so important? makes all peripherical works? sorry for the ignorance :wink:

I don’t use any of this, maybe someone more “knowledgeable” than me can explain you better
it is such a thing that you can take a Tablet, and see the PFD directly from your Tablet, which is connected with the PC and the game

1 Like

Yeah same here

I think what you really mean is

And see this post for how to use a DIFFERENT pause option, PAUSE ON/PAUSE OFF (that has different Pause charateristic to the Active Pause)

=====

Only on"active pause" can you freeze the Plane’s MOTION ion space, but yest still.be able to operate the plane’s Instruments, tune radios, alter heading bug, alter OBS, control the GPS etc.

Its very much a “Simulator” pause mode, that allows you to stop the plane stationary in the air, and then take you time to configure Instruments * Gauges, and "catch up: with the plane, if you have fallen behind, etc

OK, but in my opinion much better rather than just different. The “only” thing lacking is an actual freezing of time, but it won’t crash your plane and actually stops the plane dynamics. You can also interact with all controls (albeit not all visually where there is a physical switch to move) including FMCs or Garmins etc. The latter issue can be solved by a combination of this pause and reducing the sim rate to 1/4 speed if you really need to see a physical control move. I use it all the time.

1 Like

thanks for the fix the simulator now does not start at all.
Before questions come 1.community completely empty 2. MSFS run yesterday after reinstalling problem-free
now after the update it hangs when loading
ASOBO you are getting better and better from update to update

1 Like

See here

1 Like

Have you done a full reboot?

yes sure 3x

How about the Content manager let’s install everything in the Community Folder bug?

Performance has gone worse for me after this patch, lower FPS than before.

1 Like