1.18.13.0 - No longer able to override core files with Community package

Starting with 1.18.13.0, I am no longer able to supply overrides to “core” files, such as those in fs-base-ui\html_ui\ folder.

The package only includes the following 3 files:

html_ui/Templates/WeatherEditionMenu/WeatherEditionMenu.html
html_ui/Templates/WeatherEditionMenu/WeatherEditionMenu.js
WeatherPresets/UnrealWeatherLive.WPR

The package mounts with no errors, and the WPR file appears in the weather presets list, as before. Yet the other 2 files, that are actually overrides of the core files, are now simply ignored by the Sim.

Here is my layout.json:

{
  "content": [
  {
    "path": "html_ui/Templates/WeatherEditionMenu/WeatherEditionMenu.html",
    "size": 4367,
    "date": 1627536537000
  },
  {
    "path": "html_ui/Templates/WeatherEditionMenu/WeatherEditionMenu.js",
    "size": 85371,
    "date": 1627536537000
  },
	{
	  "path": "WeatherPresets/UnrealWeatherLive.WPR",
	  "size": 7052,
	  "date": 1601078385416
	}
  ]
}

Any ideas? Thanks!

All packages in sim root folder now tied to exe and cannot to be overwrite. My mod also broken and i can not override any templates.

Need to be fixed by Asobo

Could you, please, elaborate? Thanks!

So, i’m not 100% sure, but…
In <GAME_ROOT>\PublishedPackages there is XML files.

Example: *_TiedToExe.xml

<root>
	<!-- TIED TO EXE -->	
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-spb"								srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-propdefs"							srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-ui"								srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-onboarding"						srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-videos"							srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
</root>

Those folder is ignored from exclude command.

Look next file: PublishedPackages_Edition_Standard.xml

<root>
	<exclude path="Packages" file="*.*"/>

<import path="PublishedPackages_Content_Mandatory.xml" />
	<import path="PublishedPackages_Content_Cgl.xml" />
	<import path="PublishedPackages_Content_Standard.xml" />
</root>

So, i think working logic is:

• Start game
  • Load TiedToExe packages (exclude all other)
  • Start UI (all html/css/JS load to memory)
  • Load all other packages

So, after you creating mod with overriding any CORE html/js/css, it’s load to VFS, but after starting game UI. Game using files allocated in memory (not in VFS)

If you will use CoherentGT Debugger and force refresh specified page, page will load files from VFS and your mod will work.

Interesting, thanks! Any pointers to how hook up that debugger?

MSFS SDK\Tools\CoherentGT Debugger

Thanks again! By the way, I looked into the initial release of the Sim, and it had that file back then already. There was only one XML file, though, PublishedPackages_TiedToExe.xml:

<root>
	<!-- TIED TO EXE -->	
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-spb"								srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-propdefs"							srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-ui"								srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>
	<files srcpath="Packages\fs-base-onboarding"						srcfile="*.*" recursive="true" ignoreexclude="true"/>

</root>

How do you force a refresh specifically? Thanks!

Open page in debuger. Hit refresh

I have tried that, but the overridden version still does not get loaded. Is your experience different?

I didnt tried yet after SU5 release, but in previous patch it’s works

It probably works on the Steam version if you edit the exclusion but then it only works for Steam. Instead of opening up the game more for editing (non security issue) files they close more, it doesn’t make sense.

The same for Aerosoft’s traffic mod where somebody was working on for months. Asobo decided to DRM some more files.If you even manage to ■■■■ off Aerosoft then something is pretty wrong.