1.9.5 and .4 have the best image quality and AA, EVER!

I’m away from my computer and can’t make examples now, but upping your render scaling fixes a lot of that. You can either do it in-game, or do it in your video cards driver.

I found doing it in the Nvidia control panel to be much less impactful on performance.

My monitor is 1080p

DSR to 1.78 (2560x1440)
DSR Smoothing 40-50%
Sharpening to .2
Anisotropic filtering to 16x

Set FS2020 to 2560x1440 in game, and it looks way more natural. Great distance rendering, no sharpening artifacts, buildings and trees don’t shimmer anymore, FPS is a little better vs if I was running at 1080 with 150% resolution scaling turned on in game, but this method of super sampling fixes the TAA sharpening artifacts

7 Likes

Different results for different folks, it seems.

Oddly, pre-1.9.5, I hadn’t really noticed the graphics issues others were reporting except the missing water reflections. There were a couple more, but things like low res textures, LOD problem and AA issues didn’t seem to affect me.

Post-1.9.5, my LOD is terrible. I know better than to let GeForce Experience control my game so I know that’s not it. I’ve gone in and tweaked LOD settings, texture levels, rendering scale, etc, and my ground typically looks blurry and I see stuff being drawn in fairly close to me.

1 Like

Have you set your anistropic filtering to 16x in the driver settings?

I noticed a big bump with texture LOD with that, kept freeways from melting into the terrain

When you set it to 16x in the driver what you choose in game ?

There is no option in-game for anisotropic filtering

Yes there is. Up to 16x.

1 Like

my game becomes more shimmery when setting DSR

Maybe he missed it and thats why his game looked bad :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely not my experience. I’m glad its working for you but it seems like a lot of people are experiencing issues with this. I’m running 1920x1080 and the AA really needs some work at this resolution.

2 Likes

As mentioned above … yes, there is.

Can you post comparisons?

Wow, very good! it definitely looks like it used to look like for me on pre-1.9.3 version.
Now graphics quality looks degraded. I play on 1080p, all setting on ultra and even with 200 rendering scale I notice shimmering and jagged edges.
And interesting thing is that it applies only to some of the parts of the picture - primarily on liveries textures, on airplane wings edges, cockpit screens. Changing settings on nVidia control panel doesn’t seem to have any considerable effect for me… :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, it looks great for me, although, I must say, depending on the angle of some surfaces/edges, there is some times some visible aliasing, but very minor.

Here you can see some jaggies in the plane (100% res scaling):

but that happens at certain situations only. Also note how good the ground looks.

Yeah! That’s exactly what I’m seeing on my FS. While there are no issues with landscape and/or building LOD, I still see those jaggies on airplane just like in your screenshot and they weren’t there before )).
I’d try to create a ticket in ZenDesk but probably should try to relax and enjoy still incredible scenery :slight_smile:

I too have the jaggies. Tried 3 different nvidia drivers for my 2080ti but no improvement. Got to come by way of a patch I think.

All on 1080 resolution?

Hi all,
Anyone use 1920x1080 resolution on a 4k monitor? There is no anti-aliasing in the menu anymore, it was like that before the patch and the game went to ultra settings. Unfortunately in 4k there are few fps so it would be a good solution for this. Which driver do you recommend for such a case? I’ve tried more but I couldn’t reach the pre-patch state. Have you observed if for example the PFD or any of the displays open in a new window then the fps increases? In 4k and full hd too? long ago this point caused a decrease in fps. Regards Peter.

Some screenshots from yesterday - in 2K though. Not seeing an issue with these and the ground detail is impressive

Opening the windows looks like it increases FPS if you use something like the nVidia overlay, but that is false - it is double counting. To be sure, use the FPS display in the developers mode.

Hi. You’re right, I used MSI afterburner but using devleoper mode is really about half the fps. :frowning: so nothing is improving. Thank you for your answer. Hi.

1 Like