10-15 FPS on 3080 purpose-built PC

I thought I would take a low and slow sightseeing flight around Paris after the new update, and Holy ****, it bogged down worse than I have ever experienced in the 6 months I’ve been on the sim. Stayed around 12 or 14 FPS the whole time even when I left the city and landed in the outskirts. Absolutely inexcusable on a 3080/i9-10850K/32gb PC. Just noticed that Nvidia dropped another driver update, so Ill get that installed and maybe turn off game mode and see if it helps things, but the few really bad FPS drops have seemed to happen after WU4. Thoughts?

4 Likes

This statement is posted in the latest Known Problems:

PERFORMANCE

• We are aware that some players are experiencing performance issues such as FPS drops, stuttering, or crashes. Please be assured that we are monitoring the situation and investigating the cause of each of these problems. Performance is one of our top priorities, and we have numerous optimization updates planned for the near future. We’ll make sure to share more information in our development updates.
6 Likes

Same problem… 16-20fps… I9 10900k + RTX 3080 + RAM 32GB 3600mhz 🥲

1 Like

I7 2700k and smoother than ever. Something isn’t right here.

3 Likes

I9 10900K not OC with 1080TI 26 -55 FPS! in 2560 x 1440 resolution
most settings in ULTRA , Renderscale at 110 , without multiplayer, and Plane is a TBM 930

4 Likes

i7-4790K and RTX3070, 35FPS over Paris.

1 Like

Please keep in mind FPS depends on multiplayer traffic, weather, aircraft type. Paris without multiplayer traffic gives me good FPS while Paris with lots of multiplayer traffic is terrible.

5 Likes

I also experienced massive stuttering around Paris last night with a 3080 and 10700k. Rumors are that it’s a server/multiplayer issue but I have yet to test that.

Aren’t you glad you paid the high dollar for the 3080?

2 Likes

What are you frames like with MP off?

I suspect most will see a vast improvement.

2 Likes

massive stuttering, FPS drops, no multiplayer, no changes if med or ultra settings, full hd:
ryzen 3600x, 2080s, 32gb RAM 3200mhz.
before the update the sim ran smooth as butter :slight_smile:

I5 4670k and Geforce 1070. I can get pretty stable 30 fps over Paris with a GA plane.
Guess my best decision was to rollback my Nvidia drivers one day because of massive stutters (DDU cleans the mess) and keep my 457.30 since. But I’m not in the 4K ultrasharp eye candy bandwagon for sure.

1 Like

Update then hotfix rinse and repeat every time

3 Likes

Why do you assume it’s their problem and not yours?

2 Likes

Lol because they have to come up with a quick fix after every update maybe?

4 Likes

Because the issue is affecting masses of people? Just check any twitch stream or the Bugs section of this forum. The issues were widely fixed with the ‘hotfix’ a few weeks ago, but then reverted with World Update 4.

8 Likes

So why are these “seriously Asobo” threads necessary, if we all know what the problem is?

And for the record, my sim is running friggin’ flawless after WU4. So maybe it’s you and not Asobo? Either way, “I’m having this problem” is a lot less obnoxious and a lot more constructive.

6 Likes

Neither obnoxious nor constructive have solved the problems this software has.

4 Likes

Obnoxious isn’t going to get anyone anywhere.

2 Likes

Says the one with the “flawless” sim

3 Likes