10-15 FPS on 3080 purpose-built PC

Try to disable complete Ai, had the same Problem and Multiplayer was of , its mutch better now for me, not complete gone but better and lets say flyable.

cheers

This happens to all the new cities and world updates over seas in Europe. It’s not optimized correctly and it messes everything up. Content is more important than performance with fs2020. I used to be able to fly over London and all kinds of places in Europe before any of the updates and it just crashes now.

Seems to be memory leaks or bad programing. Either way 3070 32gb 3800x most places I can get up to 80 to 100 fps with optimized setting. When over European cities it drops to 15fps in a heartbeat and crashes.

Thank goodness the Japan update didn’t mess up the Sim because I love flying over there. As well as the USA update.

I don’t see why they don’t implement DX12 ultimate tech and use the mesh technology. Lower mesh with same quality would be more performance and same quality.

They built this Sim on old technology and now they are paying the price for it. Either way love the Sim. One day it will be different.

1 Like

So what performance problem is that exactly? I think there a many performance issues not with the code.

From my perspective it’s specific scenery which causes issues not the rendering engine. Specifically Bluesky’s London and Paris.

Performance generally for me isn’t bad, so when I see posts saying performance had dropped from one patch to the next with no further detail - that’s super annoying!

I rarely hit bugs like we had around Dallas (flying close to large airports bug).

Glass cockpit and AI also continue to eat frames but while this can cause micro stutters it doesn’t really bring fps down a great deal and the glass cockpit displays will be improved in the next Sim update in two weeks.

Yes, that looks right to me. DX11.

Have not seen that. If I unlock fps, high altitude is 45 or so. Cities drop to 30. Thats why I locked it.

It is maybe dissapointing, upsetting, yes, but it is logical when you read this thread Post 15:

Good education for me. Core count does not rule over core speed for this task.

The simple answer is that it hasn’t. Something is going on that is affecting the performance on “some” machines, not all. If it was something to do with the fundamentals of the game itself then it would be the same for everybody, which it isn’t. There is only one real way to understand the problem and that is for two people with the exact same system, one with good performance and one with poor performance to compare notes because there must be something different. Computer programs don’t make a conscious choice to perform badly, they just do as they are told.

My System: AMD 3900x, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB Ram (3000mhz), Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2, No Rolling Cache, WT Mods (not g1000), 20 Active Mods, Thrustmaster Stick and Throttle, StreamDeck. 4K High-End (Ultra with lightweight planes). 99% Smooth Gameplay.

If you have the exact same hardware as me and you get 10fps then we can compare and find a cause. If not, it’s like whispering into the wind. Anybody running a 3090 with a high end processor at 15fps is doing something wrong, sorry, but there is no other way to put it. Something is not working as it should with your system.

1 Like

Already did.

Indeed some machines run it better, some don’t. Also msfs seems to prefer old hardware as far as I see here.
The thing is nothing changed on my PC, I have the same specs from the very beginning, even installed a fresh version of windows and msfs a few days ago. So, I don’t know if it’s hardware related, I suspect is mostly software.
Before the latest updates, a lot of people complained about CTD’s, and I’ve never had a CTD with msfs. Go figure… Also a lot of people complained about bad performance after UK update, I didn’t have any problem.
Yes, there are people who are perfectly happy with 20-25fps, they get that from the beginning, so they cannot make a comparison between what was msfs before and what it is now, but that’s not my case. It was smooth with high fps for many months, then after the so called “performance patch” it went downhill. The frame rate is not constant anymore, and the fps are very low in areas I used to fly very smoothly. I can start at most airports with 40-45fps and then after a few minutes it starts to stutter pretty badly, frame rate drops to 20-25, goes back into 60 when flying at cruising altitude and then down to 11-15 when making an approach. It doesn’t sound like it’s hardware related, don’t you think?

This is simply not accurate, as my hardware is brand new.

I might be hardware, it might be software, it might be BIOS config, a bad memory chip, a rogue programme in the system tray, corrupt storage, any number of things.

After that patch nothing changed for me but something changed for you, so what’s the differentiator? What did you do that I didn’t or what do you use that I don’t. There is something different and that is the harder question to answer because if you rely on Asobo (a fools errand I fear) to resolve it then we could all be here for a very long time.

I wasn’t pointing at you specifically, but most people with old hardware seems to run this perfectly fine. Most complains come for people with rtx3080/3090.

Most likely I’ve reinstalled windows and msfs :smile: Obviously that was my first thought, there might be something wrong with my OS installation. It seems it was not. Again, If it was hardware the only thing to blame, I would have encountered many other problems aside msfs. So, let’s not go there.

Yeah, but in the same way it may be msfs not being optimized enough for certain systems. I’m not alone with this problem so I doubt all of us who complain here have rogue hardware. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

After trying many different settings on my PC the single most improvement in FPS while maintaining outstanding graphics is changing my Predator 4K monitor resolution from 3840x2160 to 2560x1440.
Tour of NYC at noon with few clouds…
My results
3840x2160 25-27 FPS
2560x1440 46-50 FPS
The 2560x1440 setting eliminated the stutters.

Just did a tour of Paris at noon… outstanding scenery.

Asus Strix Z370
Intel i7-8700K
32 GB ram
GTX 1080 Founders Edition

Had the same problem. Someone suggested turning of all AI
and multiplayer which helped a lot. Today I turned AI back one and flew over Paris no problem 38-42fps. Could be that to many people flying over Paris at the same time and the server got overloaded?

1 Like

Thanks but I really do not want to fly in empty skies or airports when flying an airliner.

It’s much the same over Paris with my Ryzen 5950x and 3090 :frowning:

I wish I shared your confidence regarding upcoming ‘improvements’.

Prior to SU3, four logical processors were pegged out and with SU3, it went down to one and where the big stuttering started.

Prior to SU3, FS was still on DX11, so that is not the reason to the performance problem.

Many say DX12 will be a major improvement, but MS and Asobo always play that down and have said several times, that they don’t expect a major performance increase with DX12. But they do see some benefits of going to DX12 and they are headed in that direction.

But the performance issues introduced in SU3 version.1.14.5.0 is not due to DX11.

I’ll see if can can find a task manager photo prior to SU3 where it show four logical processors instead of one. And why aren’t they balancing the load better across more processors?

With the latest update and the Nvidia drivers (466.11) I am finally able to get over 30FPS (up to 40 FPS) low over London in the MUGz TBM930 (with G3000 mod) on all Ultra settings, so I am perfectly happy with that. Very occasional stutters are a minor annoyance but something I can live with - especially with my 5+ year old CPU!

Specs:
i7-6700K (overclocked to 4600 GHz)
RTX 3080 (overclocked to 2025 MHz)
32GB DDR4 RAM (2660 MHz)
NVMe SSD

I have been using the sim since January and have seen many ups and downs in that time, but the trend is definitely up for me - though I realise others are not so lucky.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is in 4K.

Over the desert or PARIS??? Not Paris am sure.

Me too I get 15 to 17 fps rtx 2070 super i7 10700k after update