10-15 FPS on 3080 purpose-built PC

Same story here RTX 3080 32GB OF RAM i7-9700k CPU I had found a sweet spot with the performance after world update 4 flying out of Orly and heading towards the city lots of stuttering and the Sim freezes for about 10 seconds adobo release another HotFix please!!! it’s ashame this is happening the update visually is fantastic. I see that nivida released a new driver I hope this solves the issue.

Same PC here (10900k though) and what can I say…

FPS are good the only problem is the stuttering every 3 seconds, it’s a slideshow not a game.

During my flight, fl330 , japan (depart from tokyo rjtt to rjcm).
I3-10100, 16gb , 1070ti … the gpu seems to locket…
after about 5 min, i had 40fps …

I just want to fly instead of spending hours trying to get this ‘simulator’ to run properly. Terrible vr performance (rift) after this update. Last Monday, it was the best it has ever been for me.

Back to XP11 for me. I fly IFR and couldn’t care less about the eye candy, pretty though it is. It matters not at 35,000ft.

The weather looks great but is totally inaccurate. Seb in the Q&A didn’t even know about the two layer wind problem with ATIS and the crazy weather in FS2020 makes it useless for vatsim and other 3rd party programs.

Every update screws this so called simulator and the devs just spew rhetoric to placate us. Sure, it is a great game but a simulator…not yet. Maybe one day.

Thanks to all those who have responded to my posts since launch, it is appreciated. But, for now at least, XP11 it is, simply because it works very well and is not simply a VFR/scenery simulator.

7 Likes

Go into the “Data” menu in the “general” pause screen, turn off multiplayer. Worked a treat for me!

Multiplayer was not even turned on…but thanks anyway.

Every update is the same thing, the game gets screwed up worse than the one before and then it takes a month for it to get playable again. I keep getting crash to desktop everyone now and then without an error code, and this is on an RTX3080 and an i7 10700k.

1 Like

Really strange how many people are having issues with this with some specs people have. I have a 10700KF RTX 3080 and it’s smooth as silk. No multiplayer ai traffic low. Settings mostly high some ultra. Could it be a multiplayer problem or screen resolution set to 4K?

Mine is bad I am running the same exact CPU and lost 20% of performance after this update and get a lot of stutters but I am running a weaker gpu 2060super that was doing well on 3440x1440 a week ago. Butter smooth everywhere now unplayable in many places.My fps seems to be capping out @35fps even in the deset.Was never the case before.Not sure if I should reinstall the entire sim!
I use to be in the 50s over the ocean.

1 Like

Make sure you guys go to your content manager update any out of date packages. Also clear you’re rolling cache and update any manual cache. Old and new scenery conflicts can cause big issues. I was having freezing stutters every 3 seconds over PG Paris yesterday and now things are fine. Performance is about the same as before. I get 40ish FPS in a glass cockpit plane flying low over Paris now. I have a 5600x, 3080, and 16GB ram.

Very poor design and quality control by Asobo and Microsoft!

Why is this sim limited to a single Logical Processor to do most of the work,? So it doesn’t matter if you spent $5K or more building a system you still can’t get decent performance.

This is just so upsetting. I too, as many went out and spent a ton on money on new hardware to just get poor performance.

It’s just so disappointing.

3 Likes

Go back to driver 457.30 and recompute. I’ll test my system which isn’t as Gucci as yours and see how mine goes. Never had issues with WU3 and the UK.

1 Like

Okay, I will try it. But many here on different drivers are complaining about the same problem.

I just installed 457.30 and will see if it makes a difference, but I expect that it will not.

The sim only basically uses one logical processor to do all the work. There is no video driver that can compensate for that poor design!

My video card is mid-range, but I have an I7010-700 and 64GB of RAM and the RTX 2060 Super has 8GB of VRAM. I should at least get decent performance in Medium setting, but I don’t.

1 Like

My thanks to everyone who responded. So per the suggestions from the video I linked to below, I cleared my rolling cache, and also bumped it to 50gb (which I could’ve sworn was already set that way). I have a suspicion that after a recent reinstall, it didn’t restore the rolling cache settings from the cloud, and I also found that I needed to turn VSync back off. Multiplayer SHOULD be off, but I’ll check it in the morning.
Anyway, I also dialed down a few settings from Ultra to High or Medium, per the same video. Then took another flight out of de Gaulle. Not great, but definitely better, hovering in the 30-35fps range until I climbed out of the Paris area, then back in the 50s. I’ll try the low and slow flyaround in Paris again and see if the changes provided any relief.

1 Like

Same problem
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT / GeForce 2080 RTX super / 32Gb Ram
10/20 Fps in aprox

We thank you. As with previous hot fix, the community would really appreciate some feedback from developers on a daily basis even if there is nothing new to report just so we know that the investigation is ongoing and not on back burner. I’m pretty certain that you guys are as nervous on release days as we are. We do appreciate your continued efforts to improve the sim.

Thanks.

Does this look right to anyone? One Logical processor pegged out and some almost idle. In the mean time my measly RTX 2060 Super 8GB is only at 34% utilization and only using 7GB.

And this is on the suggested 457.30 drivers. It is still terrible. That pegged out Logical Processor is what causes all the stutters and low FPS! I’ve been staying this for a long time, but I guess Asobo and Microsoft haven’t quite understood that yet.

BTW, both of my SSDs are NVMe M.2. MSFS is on C: and I keep my Rolling Cache on F:. C: is a Samsung 1TB Plus, and as indicate in my photo, I have 64GB of SRAM. And with all this investment I have in hardware, I still have performance problems.

And I do not run on Ultra. Mostly midrange or High-end and I have the FPS set to 30.

I watched the video a few comments before this one and I will bump up my cache from 64GB to 128GB. If I want to set it higher I have to move some data to my NAS. My F: drive SSD is only 512GB. Maybe it’s time to update that also to 1TB.

1 Like

People get pretty bent out of shape when I point this out, but 30 to 35 FPS in flight sim is just fine.

Its not a twitch-n-shoot game.

You go to the theatre (or did up till about a year ago) and you never complain that your movie is 24 FPS… But your video game has to be 120fps… why?

The why is because a lot of people are used to…

1. Looking at frame rate counters and obcessing about being fastest.
  2. Games that actually need to run that fast to feed you information.

Flight sim doesn’t really need to exceed 30fps (except in vr) in exactly the same way that movies don’t need to exceed 30fps… Nothing is really happening faster than that anyhow.

120fps is a fantasy number that you got taught to seek out… want to know why you seek this number? Its easy…

Old Tv was 30fps

Movies are 24 fps
Blu Ray is 24 FPS (to match movies.)

24fps times 5 is 120fps
30fps times 4 is 120fps
Some newer digital formats are 60 which works within the same math.

That is all. It is a common speed that all formats can upscale to… So a lot of AV stuff, (like your TV or monitor) is set to that frequency. Because it can run Bluray or old 30fps tv in a lossless format.

And here is the kicker… IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BEYOND WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU.

24 FPS is totally fine on a movie screen (or any multiple of that number)
And 30 is totally fine for old analog tv (or any multiple number)

What is 240? Oh, its just drawing every frame twice or more, because people think bigger Mhz is always better Mhz… but in reality, its not… its just 120 drawn twice. Or 60 drawn 4 times, or 24 drawn 10 times.

The only thing that matters is that the motion is smooth for the scene you’re watching. Stop looking at frame rate counters and making yourself unhappy.

Your movies are never more than 30 fps. And I don’t see you complaining to Disney about it.

4 Likes

Done a test - my GPU dropped twice it was like it completely dethrottled when it was loading Photogammetry but other than that was smooth low and slow. What a beautiful city I’ll have to go visit it one day!

i5-9600k O/C to 4.8ghz
32GBDDR4 3200mhz
3070 running 457.30
SSD HDD
And Process Lasso

I really don’t get it how is it possible that the sim performance has degraded so much with every update. It was so good when it was released, I remember flying over NY or LA and it was so smooth, I said, these guys have really nailed it. Then starting with WU3 and SU3 it became really frustrating. Stuttering everywhere, even in areas of the world unaffected by the world updates, and fps below 30. For example yesterday I had a flight from Vienna to Zurich with the FBW A320. It started pretty good with 45fps in Vienna, then after a few minutes my fps dropped to 25-30, micro stuttering kicked in, then 20, then back to 60 at cruising altitude. But at descent the things started to become frustrating 14-15 fps, heavy stuttering all the way to the airport, the sim just froze on several occasions at 1fps, it was such a disaster. That pretty much happens everywhere in the sim world. It just sad to see having really high end PC (RTX3090, Ryzen 3950x, 64GB ram, ssd, nvme/1440p) and get such bad performance.
The worst part is that asobo doesn’t seem to have the will to fix this, watching their pointless Q&A, it doesn’t look performance is a top priority for them. That’s sad.

2 Likes