100% definite blurry mountain terrain surrounding Lukla Airport post SU5

I just did my first ever flight from Kathmandu to Lukla since SU5. I have done this flight several times before ever since MSFS first came out probably going on 20 or so times. I can say Im disappointed.

I can confirm firsthand that 100% there has been a degradation in LOD resolution scale of mountain scenery since SU5. While turning down Lukla Valley on approach all the mountains north of Lukla used to have a higher resolution but now they are a ugly blurry mess. In SU5, the mountains only go to a higher resolution while I was turning final for the runway.

Im mixed about this update, on one hand I can now fly the airliners in VR, but when it comes to low level GA its a mess. As stated in other posts, Asobo just needs to add more options to allow us to restore some graphic settings back to SU4 if our PCs can handle it.

Sorry I dont have a screenshot I was in VR. I have not touched my settings since SU4.

It has been reported elsewhere in the forum that the settings keep changing. So try changing to something lower and then back to Ultra. It seems to work for me … at least for that flight.

Can that fix this? The screenshot was taken over London. All Ultra settings, 100mpbs/13MBps internet speed. New to this game, the terrain is blurry mostly at 2000 to 7000ft, above 10000ft seems to be fine. Is this a problem with me or with the update/microsoft? I want to play this game at a lower altitude but it’s so bad and annoying. This is not what they showed in the trailer :frowning:
Please can anyone confirm whether this is happening with many or me only? I have tried numerous fixes available online but I guess those are outdated and this is some new problem from microsoft’s end. Please confirm :frowning:
Thank you

On UserCFG.opt file. change

Terrain LoDFactor 5.000000

Objects LoDFactor 5.000000

Colorgrading 0

Filmgrain 0

Dont forget to save and chage proprities to only read.

You ll get some FPS decrease, like on SU4.

After test, put a new screenshot here.

1 Like

It worked a little bit but the terrain is still a mess(view in full size to see the details).
Could this be because of the internet? But 100mbps should be enough. The game doesn’t even use 10mbps for me. The latency to my server is 40ms. Yesterday I flew for 3-4 hours. Only 4 or 5 gb consumed. Should I try on other servers? I actually did try on a 160ms server but same result. But should I try on some other server again?

I just checked my bandwidth, the game is using 100-120 kbps ONLY.
While typing this reply, I pressed Esc to pause the game. Now the terrain is better loaded but not like the community screenshots. Is this a server load issue?

I monitored it furthermore. The bandwidth is fluctuating. Never went past 4-6MBps. It should utilize all of my speed but it’s only using 40-50%(100mbps plan/13MBps) for a few seconds.
Here is a screenshot. Paused the game for a few seconds(Esc), also went round and round in this area, and now it’s better loaded. It’s not far from New York.
Better results than before. It definitely is a server issue I think. Something to do with the Xbox launch? What do you think?

Man, I finally got it fixed with the help of this champ here. Look at this post. Some issue it was.

The fix:

The results of the fix, no more blurry or bad textured ground(NOTE that LOD is at 500):

Great! Yes i m using Rolling Cache with 50 Gb.

1 Like