100% reproducible CTD at specific coordinates for months [grammar.pggmod]

Have you tried lowering the quality of the autogen? The last one of these I looked at, lowering it to either Low or Medium allowed for flying over the affected region.

will try thanks

1 Like

did some testing and game crashes in same location no matter what my autogen and graphics settings are

Same thing with SU6…why did I expect something different?

`Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
100% reproducible crash around SBBQ airport. Starting on RW36, then going to the Drone camera to the east triggers the grammar.pggmod crash in some seconds for me.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
All peripherals disconnected, 3rd. party mods disabled and Online functionality disabled.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

So, I am always getting this grammar.pggmod crash around SBBQ. Even though I already submitted a ticket, I would love to find a workaround myself. I have tried to create an Exclusion Zone around the whole area, but when trying to do that, the CTD happens as well.

Is there anything else I could do?

Lowering the quality of autogen scenery has worked in the past for other areas with this issue. Medium or Low may do it.

2 Likes

Using medium worked to prevent the crash, thanks.

1 Like

Crashed 2 times today oveflying on the same route Pakistan airspace. Crashed on the same location twice! Both times flying at FL380.

Coordinates of crash: N 30.787563 E 73.088752

MSFS: 10.20.6.0
No mods around this area.

2 Likes

Hi @Baronerosso2659!
Can try what @hobanagerik posted here and then report back?

1 Like

If High or Ultra is the cause, this will narrow down for the developers. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ll see if try in the future. Everytime waste hours for a crash is a mess.

Should not MSFS Testing team taking care of testing? We are customers, not paid testers.

Does anyone have a workaround at all for this? Very annoying now as I cannot even fly out of OPLA anymore since the last update…very sad about this.

I had never received this error before. I was just doing a very similar flight from EDDK-WSSS. Over Pakistan, I had a CTD with the same grammar.pggmod error. Looks like our flightplan was very similar at that point. So I agree, I think there is something causing a CTD in this area.

1 Like

adjusting autogen didn’t stop the CTD’s for me in this area. I think it’s a problem with the game code.

SU7
Flew out of OPLA this evening, north. Real weather. No issues. (PC)
Everything work as expected.

Sorry, no. Still crashing at this spot on the MIMAL2D departure

Great news…I have found a possible workaround and have identified the culprit for the CTD in Pakistan. Will post here later on the workaround. Phew!

Autogen quality?

Let us know :slight_smile: I would like one day to continue my World Tour passing by this airspace :smiley: