100% reproducible CTD at specific coordinates for months [grammar.pggmod]

OK, these are steps I completed and now I do not have the CTD any more. This proves that something in the files is corrupt and causing issues.

The possible offending files are:
C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\123\vec120.cgl

and/or

C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\123\dem120.cgl

I took a backup of these two files, then copied vec130.cgl and dem130.cgl (important as other locations may have different scenery types and I ended up getting water all over the place instead of ground textures), from the path
C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\122 NOTE - different file path

BUT saved them as vec120.cgl and dem120.cgl (have to rename)

Then voila! As if by magic, all started working. Even can open OPRQ without CTD and fly south of OPLA without issue. Terrain textures look a tiny bit off - BUT working. My guess is the Bing data or mesh data is corrupt in the file(s) and will need Asobo to correct it.

Please let me know your mileage! I’m happy once again, and SU7 looks so much better now.

I got to this assumption using Process Explorer and noticed the cgl files being accessed directly before a CTD. Narrowed things down and looks to be good now.

Would love to hear how you go.

4 Likes