1070 amp extreme ctd on every loading nvlddmkm

like the title said.

When I load into a standard airport chances are high it loads in, but ctd on loading on any flight with modded scenery like aerosoft or so.

Seems like nvlddmkm error is a graphic driver crash. I´ve got the latest nvidia driver.
The error message coming up on ctd also says it might be due to a overclocked GPU. Well the 1070 amp extreme is overclocked by stock so what am I supposed to do?

Moved to Community Support-CTD help.

edit: I reverted my Nvidia driver from the actual one to 516.94 and the major ctd on loading are gone.

1 Like

intressting, because some users here reported that popup. seen the nvlddmkm error in log, but tried reverting the driver without success.

So, may be good to link the topics.

I still have CTD during loading screen on Steam. I tried repair, changed to 516.94, DDU driver. It worked for me before 517.48. But the installation to 516.94 with DDU did not work. Can someone help pls?

latest is 517.48 … why DDU should be necessary, I will never understand :wink: … simple download the driver from nvidia page, and install ( may be choose ‘completely resinstall in installer’ ). If you will have more comport, then install also GeforceExp and you will be noticed about new versions ( but dont forget to disable Auto-Optimization in GFE ).

Related to your CTD more infos are necessary. Since when it happens, what you changed, what is the message from windows event log ( the same nvlddmkm as from OP ? ), main infos about your system , what you tried already ( e.g. cleanup some files, etc ) , have you DX12 selected in-game ?,… just info that we can get an idea.

As I mentioned before, after installing version 517.48 I can’t get to the main menu anymore. Before that it worked. I’ve tried with and without MSI Afterburner (even before the CTDs). I just updated my Nvidia driver and after that I get the crashes mentioned.

What I’ve done:

• Scan & Repair on steam
  • DDU with versions 516.94 and 517.48
  • all programs closed
  • RAM tested
  • Adjusted virtual memory
  • sfc scannow
  • SSD checked
  • all games work fine except for MSFS 2020

My system:

• i7-12700K
  • MSI Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4
  • 32GB 3200MHz DDR4
  • EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
  • 850 watts be quiet! straight power 11

Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.21.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.27.21.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x0000000001a1263e
Faulting process ID: 0x4a24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8d5b64e086f7b
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 5592c1a3-66e3-4aa3-9539-17ed26c4b15a
Full name of the faulty package:
Application ID relative to the faulty package:

thanks for good infos :slight_smile:

At first the question: if you had former in game the DX12 setting choosen, then you should revert that

Otherwise I have currently only the usually cleanups in mind ( AppData : DCE, Scenery * , content.xml , rolling.cache ) , may be additional the Shaders ( windows cleanup , and may be additional the nvidia caches AppData\Local\NVIDIA\ * Cache)

And yes, allways try without any other tools running ( e.g. Afterburner ).

If all will not help, try to set a fps limit in nvidia control center ( a low value, e.g. 30 ).

And to be sure: you get that popup about " graphics device has encountered a problem " , or not ? Because then the other topic is better because other reasons are possible too then ( from xmp mode , or the need to disable HAGS, but not for all users it worked ).

PS: a note, 850W and a 3090 can be a bit edge case

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have the following folders in the following path AppData/Roaming/MSFS:

• DCE
  • SceneryCache
  • SceneryIndexes
    Should I now delete the files in these folders?

and the following files:

• Content.xml
  • ROLLINGCACHE.CCC
    Should I delete these files?

In the AppData/Local path I have the following folders:

• NVIDIA → DXCache (folder), GLCache (folder), NvBAckend (folder), accounts (file)
  • NVIDIA Corporation → Folders: GfeSDKm, NVIDIA GeForce Experience (->CefCache), NVIDIA Notification, NVIDIA Share, NvNode
    What should be deleted here?

What do you mean by shaders (windows cleanup)?

Unfortunately, the FPS limiter doesn’t work either.

I know an EVGA RTX 3090 is tight at 850W. That’s why I use undervolting with Afterburner.

these folder I remove from time to time :slight_smile:

also the content.xml . Rolling.Cache I do currently no longer use, but you can remove the file. MSFS recreate this.

only these Cache folders ( the content in it ).

if you start windows cleanup you get then a choice for directx-shadercache.
For win10 is simple in explorer on C: drive press right mouse and choose cleanup. In win11 I learned it is moved into the global cleanup dialog ( Issue with graphic card - #15 by BravoMike472413 )

And dont forget the DX12 setting in UserCfg.opt … there are reports where users run into same issue if they had DX12 enabled in-game settings.

And also in case of win11 try to disable HAGS ( extended graphics settings ). In win10 its per default off.

EDIT… and we forgot the most important test → the safe mode ? Have you tried to start in safe mode already ?

Nothing worked for me :frowning:

Thanks to @MichaMMA i was able to solve this issue, nvlddmkm, by removing the XMP profile for the RAM in the BIOS, i was at 3200 Mhz, now i am at 2400 Mhz and everything is working.
Don’t know if it was mentionned above…
But this issue can be caused by several others problems…

1 Like

hmmm… yes… you can try xmp mode too, otherwise only idea for now is to revert to an more older nvidia driver.

But allways test with empty community folder and / or force the safe-mode ( Stuck on a Loop! Can't get game started - #7 by MichaMMA )

Thanks, but nothings works…

I’ve tried two more options, but no luck:

• Run as Admin
  • FastLaunch

Again 4 times ctd on second loading while trying to load into addon scenery. (Tried multiple airports)

Driver version: 516.94

1070 amp extreme