172 Flaps for Landing

On final approach (a couple of hundred feet) to touchdown at about 40-50 knots, the flaps do not respond. The in-cabin lever moves down as mapped to the Bravo Throttle, instrument panel indicates the flaps are down. External view shows the flaps up. They do move while on the ground and in flight. I tested the152, X-Cub and Savage, they all perform correctly. Is there some aero-dynamic principle I am violating with this particular aircraft?

Did you pause the sim when you checked from the external view? I don’t remember for certain, but it’s possible they don’t animate when paused.

No, active at all times. The only time they don’t animate is in those couple of hundred feet before touchdown. I just tried it again. Drifted down at less than 40 knots, they still would not extend. Used the trim wheel to slow down with throttle at idle.

Are you using Virtual Reality, or just the normal?

Which 172 are you referring to?

There are more than one.

Normal, no VR

1 Like

I only have one.

Do you have any “assists” turned on?
The next to try is to empty your community folder to see if a mod, scenery or livery is causing it.

Takeoff Rudder, Checklist, Assisted takeoff and Auto mixture are the only assists. Other than that my system is virginal. No additions of any kind other than my Yoke and Quadrant. My Community folder is and has been empty.

Are you in “Modern” flight mode?
(I’m trying to eliminate some basics)

Yes I am in Modern. I’m considering re-installing unless there is a Repair option.

Re-installing generally doesn’t solve the issue.
Most settings are kept “in the cloud” and are restored with a re-install.
Did you purchase through MS, or steam?

MS. I tried it for two months with $1 Game Pass before I purchased the Standard.

Ok, steam has a check file or repair function or something like that I believe, but it will delete and reinstall a lot of your files, so be careful, I personally don’t recommend that.

However
You can just do the one plane through the Content Manager.
Remove it, and shut down sim, re-start sim and add plane through content manager.
That will let you know if it is your version of the plane.

Are you saying that after deletion the Content Manager will show the option to add the missing aircraft ?

Yes it will.

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot

1 Like

SevenFlyer-
No change. I didn’t try the other airplanes, but the 172 still acts the same, flaps OK before takeoff and in normal flight. I’m going to revert my settings to default and try again.

No change. I noted that I had Increase/decrease flaps selected. Changed that to Extend/retract, no change. Set assisted Landing on, no change. The flaps should have extended with Assisted Landing on, shouldn’t they?

No that I wouldn’t trust in the least.
None of the “flying” assists have been “perfected” yet.
Things like handling coms is OK.
The rest works to an extent, results vary.