20:00z weather advancement bug - FIXED

I believe this is the “fuzziness” of clouds, precipitation and lighning being based on a forecast model. Here’s what the CAPE index (marks the amount of energy in the atmosphere and therefore is an indicator for the probability of thunderstorms) on the Meteoblue site looks for the area now:

I think we will have to accept that “Live weather” is more or less a closed system within the simulator that resembles the basic conditions of the atmosphere in real life - and it does that amzingly good imho. However, this includes atmospheric phenomena being simulated where in real life they are not present. Thunderstorms are the best example, because even modern technology is not able to predict where the arise - if they are not caused by a moving cold front.
So, if the weather is not totally off, as it has been between 2000Z and 0900z the following day, this is something we have to get used to. This is not to say that it is not ASOBO’s duty to provide means to access the in-game weather as it is simulated. Injecting real life METAR data is only an interim solution imho, as I think we need a sim-based METAR system we can use to plan our flights.

4 Likes