20:00z weather advancement bug - FIXED

I’ve just flown KEUG - KORS and weather was spot on all the way

1 Like

I’m scared to restart my sim hahaha

Would you look at that! This is like the most accurate representation I’ve seen in the sim.
Comparing in game sky with a camera atop the TWR at my airport. High level clouds ahead of an occlusion front that’s just now passing through the Czech Republic.

10 Likes

Wow!! Honestly when the weather works as intended in this sim it is truly fantastic

5 Likes

Indeed. It even has the clouds properly illuminated by the scattered light from the nearby town. I love it when the sim is spot on.
But now I’m scared to restart it as well, lol.

4 Likes

Me too, just sat admiring the view at KORS lol

2 Likes

Second test flight now KORS - KCEC

Every time I see one of you start typing I get glued to my phone.
Good luck, hope this is sorted out!

1 Like

Haha, I know the feeling!

KCEC right now has very low cloud at 500 feet so it’ll be interesting to see how it handles that

1 Like

I’m just doing a quick check, and weather is pretty accurate at 3N6. It has NOT transitioned to future weather…yet at least.

Current Live Weather in Sim

Current Weather in Windy

Approaching thunderstorms currently moving eastward from PA.

Looking west at Old Bridge, you can clearly see them approaching.

Now granted, when I first loaded in the sim, there was a passing thunderstorm overhead that isn’t actually here yet IRL, but I still consider this mostly accurate.

Let’s see what happens throughout the rest of the night.

2 Likes

Heyy thanks for also checking out the weather - can it finally be fixed? I feel like Santa Claus has just been.

My worry now is will the weather function correctly between 08:00z-20:00z LOL

No, don’t say that… all is well, all is well, repeat after me

ALL IS WELL

3 Likes

I checked myself because I could not believe what you wrote. Started in Texel with massive clouds and made my way down towards the south of Rotterdam. Everything was as shown in windy and I got stunning views when looking back north. Was too excited so I forgot to take some screenshots… windy for comparison here.

Would be very glad if it stays like this! All is well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey thanks also for your report! :slight_smile:

All is well :wink:

I think I need a beer or 12

2 Likes

So far everything is working very nicely since I received the update. Even the weather is correct. Not sure why some are having issues?

In that little amount of time, it seems that line of thunderstorms may be passing in the sim. It would kind of line up with @TomL7753 reporting that his weather seemed an hour ahead. It could be just a natural inaccuracy with the forecast model which would have been from earlier today, or maybe there is something going on with DST. But either way, if this holds, I think the live weather experience will improve greatly for many of us. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I think most people are simply not aware of it. Depending on the time they are active within MSFS they may never notice it.

3 Likes

Completely agree!

I can confirm that the weather is currently matching meteoblue. I found one airport that is in it’s own little world (Boulder City, NV - KBVU) and doesn’t match its METAR or meteoblue (including from 8z), but everywhere else I’ve tried is a match. Hopefully it will stay that way. if so, I will be very happy. I’ve been anxiously waiting for this fix for months.

1 Like

Thanks for trying it out :slight_smile: