20 minutes to load home screen!

This has just started happening to me minutes ago.

hmā€¦ bandwith related, maybe. must not be on your end - could be a routing issueā€¦

Sorry for Delayed response!
I moved to HD as advised by MSFS team.
The SSD is fast but for me 1 TB is not for long term plan.
HD drive is 8 TB.

the ssd is still way more faster than your hdd - capacity aside.

Maybe it is overload due to too heavy addons in the Community folder - please check start the sim without any addons in Community folder (just move them out for the test). I discussed it in other topics and it proved to be a solution:

Scenery Library (Content.xml) Capacity

Can we have subfolders in the Community folder?

1 Like

59GB is quite a lot to load, especially from a HDD.

Start up and flight Load times in general are a passion killer for me so far. To think I used to wish FSX loaded quicker. Iā€™d kill for those times now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No Addons, installed on HD

Thanks will read.

This is not logical unless it is only related to the community folder. I have some 20GB from MSFS marketplace. I am planning to purchase a lot more of Airports and Aircrafts in coming future.
I have some 1 TB plus of sceneries in P3D it takes max time of 8 minutes to load!!.

I have created exceptions in my anti-virus for my MSFS and Steam folders in order to avoid potential loading issues. In my line of work I deal with thousands of files loading in a fraction of time, if I donā€™t create those exceptions, the anti-virus will scan them every single time, increasing loading times exponentially. See if that helps, itā€™s easy to revert.

I also have indexing disabled for my MSFS SSD (right click disk, properties, uncheck Allow files on this driveā€¦)

2 Likes

Yeah, mine takes like 10 minutes +. Default vanilla game. It takes less time to load the actual game when you hit FLY than when loading the welcome screen. Its a pain in the bu_tt but coming from other sims I am just used to it. I minimize the game and move on to other things.

Having same issue so thought Iā€™d test the above theories.

24gb of scenery mods installed the game takes just over 5 minutes to get through the initial splash screens and onto the ā€œPress any key to startā€ screen.

With no mods installed it takes just over 30 seconds to get to the same position.

2 Likes

MInes quite a low spec but yesterday (Sunday) was slow from first clicking the icon to start, on SSD with no add ons, normal startup is round 3mins 10 secs.

23GB (170 folders/add-ons) in my Community folder (on an SSD, i5-9600K). I was coming here to see if 3-5 minutes was slow to get to the ā€˜Copyright Microsoftā€¦ā€™ with another 1 minute to get to the 'Press Any Key - probably not?

Last night I had an excessively long load time returning to the main menu after a flight. Never had an issue like that before.

Try cleaning all caches including deleting/re-initiating swap drive and re-boot before running.
Donā€™t know your system specs but that does seem like a long time.

Sounds like a good solution!!
How can I clean all the caches including deleting/re-initiating swap drive ?
Thanks

To start with the swap drive google Windows 10 swap drive. Youā€™ll find plenty of how toā€™s. Just delete it and re-initialize it. Easy job.
For cache just go through the settings. There a re a couple of locations that have it.

Thank you :innocent:

Iā€™m up at 153 GB of scenery/addons and it takes 1 hr. I go and have a workout every time I start up MSFSā€¦This is crazy. And scary. My P3dv4.5 has several sceneries drives that on average contain 450GB of addonsā€¦And takes nowhere close to these startup times. I hope Asobo is working on this. Iā€™ll hate to think they will have to download to a separate drive and then manually move the scenery into the community folder when requiredā€¦