2000+ Errors showing on DEV Mode Console (DC Designs Concorde)

Hey Guys,

I just reinstalled Win 11 and reinstalled the Sim.

Purchased the DC designs Concorde and the co-pilot is Pink btw and i was told its asbos fault apparently and to check my dev mode console which I did and its showing 2000 plus errors.

Cant undersatand this as sim has been running great but someone said there is something seriously wrong, but what could it be ? I have never modded anything, only purchased from the marketplace and the PDMG 737. its a fresh reinstall. Any help would be appreciated.

Just ran Verify Files through Steam, all ok.

I really am at a loss here.

Thanks

Stephanie

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion which is more appropriate :+1:

Bear in mind the console can be very misleading to anyone other than the aircraft/sim developers. Warnings and errors can be put out for debugging purposes, and don’t necessarily represent that 2000 things have broken.

4 Likes

The console is listing All Errors , which means all the errors in the entire simulator at that time :slight_smile:

The Asobo co-pilot without textures is indeed a sim-thing, very occasionally. I’m not sure what causes it. Concorde only calls the Asobo co-pilot, it doesn’t have any control over the textures.

1 Like

Thankyou but if you do not mind may i ask a question please ?

Why is it happening everytime I use the Concorde then but all the default planes are fine all the time ?

Kind Regards
Stephanie

The answer I got – that I found a total “Cop Out” and bordering on the Insulting

Do not worry about all these errors, they are for developers
(and are way over your head to understand in any case)

Thank You !! I understand them perfectly well,

In all fairness to developers, Asobo has to take a lot of the blame here.

The error messages, in most cases, are lacking in identifying WHERE the error is. !!

ie Error Message: Error in XML !!!

No details of what the error is, where it is, or even what XML file the error is occurring in !!!

Thankyou for moving it and apologies for posting in the wrong area. I thought Misc covered everything. My bad.

Kind Regards
Stephanie

1 Like

To be clear, I never said they weren’t understandable by non-developers. I said:

the console can be very misleading to anyone other than the aircraft/sim developers

Outputting a manual console error/warning for debugging purposes is as simple as a single line of code that can be triggered manually, and allows developers to capture state/variable values or abnormal behaviour at a point in time. Hence my warning - 2000 errors in the console does not necessarily equate to 2000 things going wrong - and of those that are genuine errors they may be things thrown by the sim or aircraft that do not impact the sim session, or are ‘expected behaviour’ for the current build.

Without access to the codebase, the console is a 2D view of the situation. So saying it’s for developers is completely correct - without a full view of the codebase, errors and sim environment it’s difficult to draw any conclusions from items found in the console.

The console is not a replacement for better crash/error reports (which the sim does need), rather than relying on Event Viewer, and using the console for that purpose isn’t going to give a clear account of any issues.

3 Likes

I don’t have an answer for that I’m afraid. I don’t get many reports of stuttering from Concorde as I deliberately model and texture to remain well within what MSFS is capable of - “Performance over Prettiness” is what I try to keep in mind. I have no doubt it does happen, but Concorde simply isn’t the cause otherwise everybody would report the same. I wish I did know why so many users of MSFS experience so many different levels of performance, it’s very difficult to determine what the cause is when the simulator itself suffers from so many bugs at this time.

The errors are loaded once, when the aircraft first loads. If something is affected by an error, it may or may not work depending on the type of error, but it will not lead to stutters, on my experience.

There are “harmless” errors, i.e. the developer used some line of code that wasn’t needed and is therefore deemed erroneous by the game. I.e. an animation doesnt always require using a “Node” but we sometimes do. The animation will still work, but the console will slap us about it.

In other cases, the dev may have written some code that covers multiple cases, to cover future aircraft. The current aircraft may not make use of all of the code (i.e. uses three switches instead of 5 in the code) so it will throw an error, then happily skip the two switches it doesnt have and work fine.

The bottom line is that if everything clicks and moves like it should, these errors are harmless and only happen when the plane is initialised. They dont happen every second, otherwise, when you cleared the console you would see it fill uo with errors again immediately and performance would suffer greatly.

2 Likes

But many of the Base Asobo errors, you see keep popping up , repeatedly, and are reporting correctly, errors in feature that are visibly not working.