This is my Personal Understanding of recent Updates & Change Logs (work in progress)
Yes, all this information is already in the forum, but it is spread out all over the place, and it makes it difficult to get a “Big Picture”
Also, MAJOR benefit of having it all in One Post, is that it is “Searchable”
ie You can search on “Boeing” or “CTD” and get useful search finds.
2020 MSFS SIM UPDATES & SDK - Part 1 Change Logs (unofficial) Aug-Oct (This One)
… Dates & Versions (* = Patch Notes included so far)
09/01/2020 - 126.96.36.199 - - Update #1*
09/15/2020 - 188.8.131.52 - - - Update #2 *
- 09/17/2020 - Development Update ?*
09/29/2020 - 184.108.40.206 - - - Update #3 * ---- World Update 1 : Japan
10/13/2020 - 220.127.116.11 - - - Update #4 *
10/27/2020 - 18.104.22.168 - - -Update #5 *
=============== PATCH NOTES =================
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace
- The primary focus of this patch is to address many of the « in-sim » issues reported by the community. We are constantly triaging the issues/feedback we have received to help plan our future patch work. Feedback from the community is a vital part of how we define our focus for each update. Thank you for all your help and we look forward to continuing working with the community to improve the Microsoft Flight Simulator experience.
- Optimized cockpit screen display when screens are not displayed on screen.
- New option available to control cockpit screen update frequency.
- Tweaked CPU thread priorities to reduce interruption of frame critical threads.
- Optimized loading system to reduce overall loading times.
- Optimized heavy airport scenes impact on CPU.
- Reduced the amount of GPU overdraw to improve GPU performance.
- Memory optimizations to reduce software memory footprint and improve performance on memory limited computers.
- Overall performance optimizations.
- Incoming ATC Azure speech has now three different voices.
- ATC voice gender is now based on the avatar of the pilot/copilot.
- Fix for the incorrect voice pack being used if the game is not localized in English and if the Windows Offline Text-to-Speech option is used.
- Filters and sorting have been improved in the marketplace.
- Manual cache layout has been improved and the download estimated time should now be correct.
- Improved support for gamepad navigation in many menus.
- Case sensitive search is now working properly in control screen.
- Search by axis in control screen has been fixed.
- Active pause button has been added in the toolbar.
- Pause button has been fixed in the Content manager.
- Improved wind turbulence simulation to reduce horizontal turbulences.
- Added simulation of low rpm piston engine vibrations on cockpit.
- Added simulation of water particles (rain/clouds) density in aerodynamics => generates vibrations flying through clouds or rain.
- Fixed wet surface friction and braking distances.
- Fixed live weather wind offset in higher latitude areas (America, Asia…) that was causing the 3kts Wind bug.
- COCKPITS VISUALS AND ANIMATIONS**
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: AP buttons animations have been fixed.
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Beechcraft Bonanza G36, ICON A5: placards have been updated.
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk : compass texture have been improved.
- Zlin Savage Cub : tail wheel blur effect is now correctly triggered.
- Zlin Shock Ultra : arcs on airspeed indicator is correctly set.
- Zlin Shock Ultra : turbo mode has been removed from dashboard.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : MCP buttons visual improvements.
GENERAL AVIATION SYSTEMS
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX : propeller sound has been improved when RPM is changing.
- Cessna Longitude : AP altitude and speed management improvements.
- Cessna Longitude : auto throttle is now inhibited during take off and until 400 feet AGL.
- Daher TBM 930 : yaw damper is now automatically turned on when the AP is enabled.
- Beechcraft King Air 350i : windshield deicing is now working.
- ICON A5 : « incorrect heading indicator » notification is now correctly triggered.
- Zlin Shock Ultra : flaps now operate mechanically instead of electrically.
- Zlin Shock Ultra : trim management improvements.
- Cessna Citation CJ4 : reverse thrust has been removed.
- Cub Crafter X Cub : IAS AP mode is now working properly.
- Daher TBM 930 and Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX : PT6 engines shutdown duration has been increased.
GENERAL AVIATION AVIONICS
- Cessna Longitude : several knobs of the G5000 are now working.
- Beachcraft Baron G58, Beechcraft Bonanza G36, Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000, Diamond DA40 NG : fixed missing ALT knob.
- Beechcraft King Air 350i : « menu » key is now working properly.
- Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat : avionics state have been fixed using Honeycomb device battery switch.
- GNS 530 : flight plan display alignment has been fixed on the Garmin GNS 530.
- G1000 : automatically switches from NAV to LOC when needed.
- G1000 : ETE and ETA fixed wrong values.
- G1000/3000/3x : AP setup is no longer reset when enabling AP.
- G1000/3000/3x : fixed missing flight plan when the selected departure is coordinates on the world map.
- G3x : text size in « approach box » has been increased.
- G3x : approaches can now be selected and loaded.
- G3x : fixed bad information in nearest VOR page when unknown VOR is selected.
- General : AP behavior improvements.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : rear wheels steering has been fixed.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : pressing the battery button now always display the ON part.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : improved flaps deployment and retraction sequences.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : fixed auto-throttle not giving back control to the pilot when disabled.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : center tanks drain first when decreasing fuel quantity via fuel and payload menu.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto-throttle is now automatically disengaged when landing.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto-throttle now engages correctly during take off roll when conditions are met.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : alt intervention no longer needs to be pressed again when not needed.
- Airbus A320neo : automatic speed management improvements.
- Airbus A320neo : alpha floor condition is now correctly triggered.
- General : weight is better taken into account for V speed calculations.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : FMC now allows to activate approach without going to route page.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : approach VREF speeds are fixed.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : empty rectangles no longer displayed on the FMA.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : runways are now displayed in correct order in the FMC.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : cruise altitude no longer automatically filled in the FMC.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : LNAV and VNAV correctly displayed as armed in FMA when conditions are met.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : altitude target on MCP can no longer be set to negative values.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : auto-throttle mode no longer displayed on FMA when auto-throttle is disabled.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : fixed wrong flaps value displayed in the FMC take off page.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : target heading line on ND is no longer reset while in heading mode.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner : direct-to flight plans can now be entered in the FMC.
- Airbus A320neo : target altitude can now be changed when AP is disabled.
- Airbus A320neo : armed modes no longer appear in boxes on the FMA.
- Airbus A320neo : flaps « FULL » indication instead of « F » on ECAM.
- Airbus A320neo : FMGS message « INVALID ENTRY » replaced by « NOT ALLOWED ».
- Airbus A320neo : FMGS now only displays arrival procedures corresponding to the selected runway.
- Airbus A320neo : FMGS now correctly displays ETA for approach points.
- Airbus A320neo : removed remaining waypoints on ND after selecting different approach procedures.
- Airbus A320neo : fixed heading bug alignment offset issue.
- Airbus A320neo : fixed missing runway in the perf page of FMGS when a departure runway is already selected.
- Airbus A320neo : fixed constraints flickering on ND.
- Airbus A320neo : FMGS block fuel indication now correctly initialized.
- Fixed freezes caused by glass cockpits.
- Travel to feature no longer disengages autopilot when used.
- Fixed 225°/3kt issue with inconsistent wind in game.
- Fixed issue with weather persistency on flight restart.
- Upgraded multiplayer servers.
- Rating display on bundles has been improved.
- Performance drop after downloading an item in marketplace has been removed.
- An addon purchased outside of the marketplace no longer has an impact on the “Installed” filter in the marketplace as it is considered as a “community” content.
- Addon purchased outside of the marketplace now also visible in the Content manager when online, and offline if downloaded in the community folder.
- 3rd Party content thumbnail display improved.
- Pause download during installation is fixed.
- Various typo fixes in multiple languages.
- Subtitles are now enabled by default.
- Subtitle option has been moved from Sound menu to Accessibility so users can set it during initial install.
- Remove rotation clamp on “Instrument cameras”.
- Pilot camera position can now be saved or reset.
Fix leg completion trigger.
Completionist achievement should now unlock when all activities have been completed.
- Detected buildings that intersect roads are now excluded.
- Longer bridges are less prone to having a gap.
- UK city houses models should no longer appear in US suburbs.
- “In The Wild” Achievement can now be unlocked
- LEMG - Málaga Airport
- LFLC - Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne
- PAFR – Bryant Army Airfield Heliport
- 60 airports improvements based on community feedback
- Control towers added on 700+ US airports
- Sensitivity screen is now displayed correctly
- The Manual cache management UI has been improved
- ATC Options should now correctly be saved
- Liveries selection menu should now work as expected
- The music can now be deactivated before or during the initial download on startup
- The collision problems at negative altitudes have been fixed
- Braking power on ground has been tweaked to reflect more realistic braking distances
- Fuel consumption updating mass problem has fixed for some airplanes
- A plane with no fuel leak system should no longer lead to a crash
- Aircraft gyroscopic stability can now be set in our SDK toolset
- Incorrect energy formulas resulting in inaccurate autopilot behavior have been fixed
- Autopilot overshooting altitude capture during descent has been fixed
- Allow to up to 8500fpm max climb speed after the new AP is now more accurately respecting 6000fpm
Visuals and animation
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: wing flex has been improved
- Beechcraft King Air 350i: rudder pedals animation is now correct
- Cessna 152 : fixed a graphic glitch when switching between cockpit and external views
- Airbus A320neo : fixed issues related to copilot AP button lights
General aviation systems
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk: fixed impossible connection with ATC when BUS 1 is ON and bus 2 is off
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: fixed PFD and MFD button issues between pilot and copilot sides
- Robin DR400/100 Cadet: can now request ground services to the ATC
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000): fixed checklist camera issues during the “After starting engine” procedure
- Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat: fixed pilot heat not working
- Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat: fixed copilot not setting master switch ON during starting engine checklist procedure
- Daher TBM 930: fixed fuel tank incorrect tooltip
General aviation avionics
- Garmin avionics : fixed issues with auto switch from NAV to LOC in approach
- Garmin avionics : Fixed wrong country codes
- G1000/3000 : Fixes on flightplan entering / duplicate waypoint page
- G1000 : performance improvements when displaying nearest airport page
- G3000 : it is now possible to active approach legs
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000): fixed automatic change from GPS to VOR 1 when a flight plan or approach loaded
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk: fixed crash when deleting direct-to flight plan
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: fixed default state of avionics Sby & avionic bus guarded switches when starting cold and dark
- Cessna Citation CJ4: Upper menu and ENG buttons are no longer INOP
- Airbus A320neo Fix APU Fuel Flow shutting down left engine
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner/ Airbus A320neo Fixed lack of elevator authority with FBW at low speeds
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: fixed APU fault light behavior
- Airbus A320neo : fixed max thrust display
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: altitude target can no longer be set to negative values
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: fixed wrong approach VREF speeds
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner HUD colors and layout improvements
- Airbus A320neo : fixed missing runway in the MCDU perf page
- Airbus A320neo : improved disappearance of legs too early when following a flight plan
- Airbus A320neo : STARs are filtered to display the ones connected to the selected runway in the MCDU
- Airbus A320neo : “Invalid entry” has been replaced by “Not allowed” message in MCDU
- Airbus A320neo : Flaps “F” indication replaced by “FULL” when flaps completely deployed
- The wind gradient when getting close to the ground on live weather has been fixed
- Lightning have been added when applicable
- Average rating has been fine-tuned for more accuracy
- 3rd party filter is now sorted alphabetically
- Improved notification system for content bought outside of the marketplace existing in the Community folder
- Version history is now available when an item is patched
- The community content is now clearly identified in the content manager
- The content manager button in the Marketplace will redirect to the corresponding addon content
- Version history is now available when an item is patched
- The title’s audio is properly muted when the window is out of focus
- Graphic settings UI during onboarding has been fixed
- Apply and Save pop up now displays only once during the Graphic Settings in the Onboarding
- Various typo fixes in multiple languages
- Fixed visual glitch happening in camera cuts
- Fixed wrong LOD selection when a camera cut happens
- Camera reset function does not revert Cam speed/ momentum to default values anymore
- CH Eclipse default preset has been added
- TrackIR can now be enabled or disabled in the camera panel
- Track IR is now disabled when on the pause menu
- Improved support for Logitech Multi panel
- Back on track should no longer show the wrong airport
- Ocean rendering has been improved (waves scale, foam and reflections)
- Water mask has been edited to display actual aerial image near the shore in some areas
- Luminance has been tweaked for some photogrammetry cities (Napoli, Darwin, San Gorgonio, Las Vegas)
- Fixed terraforming issue which was causing issues in KTEX airport
- Water elevation has been updated to improve rivers (Missouri river and around Toronto for example) and lakes (center of Canada)
- Fixed detail map rendering around runway/taxiway borders
- Game may crash if the VFR Map is not opened right after starting the flight
- Cessna Citation Longitude: Regression AP FLC and VS mode
- Cessna Citation Longitude: Autopilot climb and level off issues
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: Autopilot switches to FLCH mode instead of catching the glideslope
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: Autopilot switches to VNAV mode on take-off even if VNAV is not used by the pilot
- Airbus A320neo : PFDs shutdowns randomly
- The Tour of Japan discovery flight will be greyed out in the main menu if the Beechcraft King Air 350i is not installed
- A new install on a different install folder will only download the mandatory content and will require a reboot (non mandatory content can be downloaded from the Content manager)
============== End of Update 3 ==================================
RELEASE NOTES 22.214.171.124
- The VFR map should no longer crash the title during a flight
- Avionic screens or buttons in the cockpit should no longer be turned off randomly (ghost cockpit)
- Crashes related to the use of the Smart cam have been fixed
- Navblue navigation data has been updated
- Version history is now properly displayed in the Marketplace and Content manager
- The multiple simultaneous downloads in the content manager are better handled to prevent crashes or freezes
- The packages downloaded through the content manager should now be correctly loaded without requiring a reboot of the title
- The airport icons in the world map have been slightly modified
- Auto Pilot pitch oscillation has been reduced on some planes
- Multiplayer has been deactivated in the Japan Discovery Flight
- Quality of life updates for the marketplace
- Autogen buildings height has been reviewed
- TIN luminance (Sendai, Takamatsu, Tokushima, Tokyo, Utsunomiya, Yokohama)
============== End of Update 4 ==================================
- Improved sensitivity and twitchiness of control surfaces for the Daher TBM 930, Cessna 152, Cessna 152 Aerobat, Cessna 172 classic and Cessna 172 G1000
- Improved autopilot behavior for pitch management, altitude capture and stability for Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Cessna Citation Longitude, Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental and Daher TBM 930
- Fixed Zlin Shock Ultra caution amber light which was always on
- Fixed Cirrus SR22 windshield deicing not working
- Fixed Cessna 152 flood light always ON during tutorials
- Fixed aircraft avionics screens going blank in certain conditions
- Fixed Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner APU fault light behavior
- Unlocking longitudinal position of elevator to allow for “Canard” airplanes
- Press any key to start screen is now automatically skipped at launch
- Option added to the Misc menu to switch between Metric and US standard units
- Performances has been improved in plane selection menu and marketplace
- The TrackIR can be enabled/disabled in the camera panel during flight
- Cockpit tooltips can now be deactivated in the Accessibility options menu
- Metar data refresh issue has been fixed
- Solved several installation issues that were affecting edge cases
- We now display the download speed and amount of packages that are being downloaded
- Support for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition
- Ability to move the origin of the sensitivity curve and change the sensitivity value on both side of the origin
- Fix input values when using deadzones
- All Landing challenge scores should now be properly tracked in the leaderboards
- Quality of life updates for the marketplace
- Motion blur has been added
- New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented
- The temporal upsampling has been fixed (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%)
- Night lighting has been improved
- Water night reflections have been added
- Huge hole in Brazil has been fixed
- VNAV can overshoot the climb speed. Disconnecting the AP after take off and re engaging it will limit the overshoot impact
- The Cessna Citation Longitude can be slightly below the glide slope as you get close to the Once activated, the Switch to Mach units knob won’t return to knots on the Airbus A320neo
- Live weather fails to save properly after restarting the game
- UI fails to refresh after you Buy & Download any item, letting the download button appear
============== End of Update 5 ==================================
Lasted edited 12/22/2020 11:59 EST …