208B Controls

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I’ve been putting together my generic sim-pit for the last 15 years. I’ve managed to assemble enough controls so that i have probably more than 500 programmable buttons. I’m using RSMapper to have my buttons emulate key presses.

Anyway, in setting up an aircraft in MSFS I usually go through the startup checklists and make sure to find and assign to some button or switch every control it asks me to manipulate in some way. I’ve run into an issue doing this with the Cessna 208B. The 3 way switch that controls the fuel pump (Boost, On, Off). I can assign a switch to turn it to Boost and to Off, but I can’t seem to find the control to turn it just to ‘On’. Does anyone know which of the commands under ‘Fuel Pump’ I should use? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Honestly, no idea, you need to look if that is even available to map in the options.

How do I do that? How do I see if it’s available to map in the options?

In the options, you can lookup & match any supported functions to a KB key or any controller input. Though what you say is very aircraft specific, most people will just use the mouse to flip it :slight_smile:

You can also search by “name”. I tried “fuel” and “pump” and “boost” and didn’t see anything that looks like what you are looking for. You might want to make this a “wishlist” request.
Regards

Yeah, I tried all the one’s tied to “Fuel Pump” but none of them did this. I guess that means the function doesn’t exist? Is there a potential work around? Since you can use a mouse click to make it work?

Well, seems after a lot of digging and asking and investigating, the only solution is to get a 3rd party software tool (FSUIPCv7 and LINDA) and use them to dig into the control software to enable my controller buttons to tie into those functions. So now I’m going to be creating a completely blank control scheme and setting up a fully custom one with a couple of layers running behind MSFS 2020. What is it with developers and half a$%ing things these days. As a gaming community we have let them get away with far to much for far to long, and the end result is that we are now paying a lot of money for a quality level that wouldn’t have even been considered a beta release not 15 years ago, with all the bugs, lack of documentation, and basic features that are not present.

Did you get the fuel switched mapped correctly yet? Going to start building out a switch panel setup for the 208 and was curious.

Interested in this also.

Idk if he ever did but I was able to make a on off on toggle work with spad next for the fuel boost. If you need to know how let me no

I was not ever able to setup the controls the way I wanted to. As it turned out, at least at the time, while you could click in cockpit to make it happen, there was no mechanism to make those controls bind-able to a button or control of any kind.

If someone else found a workable solution to this problem, I would love to have a step by step description of how to get it working.

Have you tried MobiFlight and HubHop?

I can’t say I’m familiar with those. The controls I have are not custom built, they are all commercial products. I just have a lot of them. The Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, a CH Products MFP (out of production now, but a great product) with up to 50 buttons available (and 2 modes for a total of 100 button choices), a Blackhog button box, and if I’m really desperate, all the buttons on my Virpil CM50 throttle quad.