25-32 FPS with 2080 Ti and 9900K CPU

Man just get rid of all the AV’s and use the native defender. Save some buck and performance…MS Defender has gone a long way…This way or another, if you want to make sure it is not the cause, just disable it for a moment…

3 Likes

Have you tried setting it at fixed 60 Hz and then enable V-Sync (no G-Sync, Freesync) and also 60 fps lock in MSFS2020?

There might be a bug in that direction…that’s why I say

1 Like

Ok trying now.

Not yet, but I’ll try that too.

I found using MSI AfterBurner to do frame counts is wrong.
It is best to use the built in developer monitoring tool, it gets it right.
MSI is displays double or more than actual frame rate.
I was wondering why my 60-80 fps was looking stuttery, in actual fact I was getting 20-30 fps according to developer monitoring. So I cut down on some settings and improved my fps so it is watchable. Anything above 24 is OK. 30 and above seems perfect. I run 5860x1080 and a fourth touch screen for instruments (once AirManager works) and maps, wx, camera etc. My system is: Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 2 Crucial MX500 SSD 500gb, 1TB Samsung 750 M.2 SSD, DVD-rw data driv, Win 10 home, StarTech wireless PCIe network adapter, Thermaltake mid tower case H26TG • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager.

1 Like

I can’t believe you’re right :slight_smile: Well thank you for your suggestion. I turned off live monitoring and the FPS went up to 46-52s. So this should be the correct FPS for my system without sacrifying any detail I guess.

2 Likes

Set to default HIGH. If you get good FPS, increase the other settings step by step until the FPS drops to the minimum you find acceptable. Some settings have little effect, some more.

1 Like

Thank you I found the problem. It’s still on Ultra and now the default FPS is about 46-52. Node32 antivirus was causing this.

I know, just read the solvers post - and gave him a Like.

There you go mate, happy you’ve solved it. Have no fear and just use Defender :slight_smile: you should be golden :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good that you found the problem!

I also excluded the MSFS2020 folders in Windows Defender - just to be sure.

But when I changed the airport to Newyork, it’s again 27 FPS :frowning:

1 Like

There will be a lot of answers but wait for the update from Microsoft.
Here is my experience of over 200 hours as a beta tester.
No easy answers.
The problem is the GPU or not having DX12. I have played around with frame limit and adjusting the scenery from low to high to ultra. Only had small progress it is very hard to find the sweet spot. I have settled on a medium to hight setting for my graphics setting and set my frame rate locked at 45. This setting helps my GPU not running 100% it is now at 90% and my temp is no more over 80 degrees. But now being over large cities with the A320 it stutters like crazy.

We need a RTX 3080 or 3090 but I believe that DX 12 would have the same effect. I have a second system running a Intel 5820 CPU and a Nvidia 970 with 16GB of memory I was unable to run P3Dv4.5 on this system at run at 8-10 frames per second so I stopped using it. When P3Dv5 come out I upgraded because of DX12 and it now runs at 40fps without any problems. So I am urging Microsoft to implement DX12 because it is their own product and should have been implemented from the start.

2 Likes

Yes now go back to my post. Welcome to the most demanding major city in every flight sim. Could do with some optimisation by Asobo IMO - but I don’t think that we can currently buy any PC that can handle all settings at Ultra. They designed it for the future. I’m looking forward to AMD zen3 and Nvidia 3000 / AMD big navi.

1 Like

So you run in 1080p :slight_smile:

50% of 4k is 2k. 4x 1080 is 4k. You’re welcom.

1 Like

I tried to get a buddy to understand this, I had to take out a sheet of paper and a pencil. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

3090 isn’t going to fix it.The sim is running on DX11.I already see those new cards will sit back and chill and not see their full potential

So while I’m using the resolution as 2560x1440, should I reduce the render scaling?

I agree with you. We need dx12 core in the game, better multithreading and using most of the features of dx12.2: dlss, vrs, mesh shader and so on. It’s embarrasing that a Microsoft game is not using its best API. It says a lot about Microsoft. They should use the simulator to show off the API and use our gpus totally.

1 Like