2nd tutorial lesson completely flawed

Oh dear, I hope this isn’t the shape of things to come…!!!
I’ve been flight simming for years, and never seen the like of this!

Despite my flight sim experience, I always go through the tutorials - they always throw something up that I didn’t know. So I wasn’t expecting a huge issue with the second tutorial, but it’s bugged hugely.

The instructor has control - I can’t input any joystick or throttle input at all. She tells me we are flying straight and level - but we aren’t! We are in a three or four degree pitch down configuration. Instructor tells me revs are at 2300 - they are below the green. In short we are losing altitude.

By the time we start talking about the last instrument panel, we hit the ground.

Third time through, I manage to avoid the crash only by continuously trying to move the throttle with the mouse in-cockpit which gives me a second or so’s increase of power before it gets back to where the sim’s put it - almost right out at 18% power. By sticking at it, I manage to keep the aircraft from crashing , but it’s a close run thing!!

Anyone else come across this - afraid after only the second day of owning this sim, I’m hoping that the rest of the tutorials aren’t as bad as this one. Can’t mince words, it’s shocking.

read yesterday someone had the same problem, they were able to adjust the throttle with the mouse in the cockpit, after which the lesson continued as normal.

There has been an existing problem with that lesson. The post @MortThe2nd was referring too is this one:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/almost-too-embarrassed-to-ask-but/377255

1 Like

Greetings MortThe2nd,

Thanks for your reply - I did search for this before writing my twopennyworth and didn’t see it. Maybe I used the word ‘lesson’ instead of ‘tutorial’ - I’ll have another look.

Please tell me it gets better…!!!

And yes, using the mouse in cockpit was the only way of moving on, or upwards…!

as far as I could gather from the topic linked above, they were able to do the rest of the lesson(s) with no further issues.

Thanks Hester40MT, I used your link and had a good read…
A lot of the comments made me smile, but there was one very pertinent comment that first time simmers would wonder just what on earth is going on - literally before they crash into the earth…!!

It is a funny topic!

Might be good to submit a bug report on it so Jess goes back to flight school herself! :slight_smile:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Certainly will - thanks!

1 Like

I’m not sure how important that is this time around as it’s already in the Patch Notes under Known Issues;

KNOWN ISSUES

• Throttle mapping reversed for the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog
  • Beechcraft King Air 350i does not change pitch with VS wheel when Autopilot is enabled
  • On rare occasions, Aircraft screens might not initialize correctly upon loading a flight. Please restart the flight to fix the issue.
  • The plane continually loses altitude causing it to crash after loading into the Attitudes & Instruments Training Flight
1 Like

Same problem here. You would think they would flight test their own lessons.