3 aircraft showing "NOT INSTALLED" in my Community folder - but no "Load" option

I have the Asobo Boeing 747, a Beechcracft Bonanza Turbo by Asobob/R Young, and a Carenado CT182T Skylane sitting in my Community folder.

They are listed as NOT installed in my content window, but - even if I click on them, I get NO LOAD OPTIONS ??

I do have other 3rd party aircraft, like the AerMacchi MB339A trainer jet in the same Community folder, and these are available in FS2020, but not these three for some weird reason ?

Equally, I used the A320NX downloader to install that aircraft, but it is NOT in my aircraft inventory, or listed anywhere else,

Can anyone tell me how to get these aircraft into my FS2020 de luxe system ?

(I am using a Steam version)

Hi @CuboidLeaf87619,
MSFS only installs the base files. Deluxe and Premium Deluxe is installed via the Content Manager or Market Place (as a bundle).

FAQ on top of this forum:
“Only 2 aircraft in the hangar” - How to install additional content? (First installation or reinstallation) – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

AS ALWAYS:
Remove ALL mods before installing any update or content from official MSFS as they may interfere with it’s core files. After installing, you can move back your mods. If the mods are from the Marketplace, you can leave those as is.

Hi and thanks for your response

Sadly, I have done all the things you suggested, my Community folder is empty apart from my Carenado C182 that is listed as being in Community, but there is NO LOAD option.

I am also having issues with various other items that if put into the Community folder, load ok, but then give me CTD on clicking them.

Support have told me so many things, not one was correct. I even reinstalled W10 pro on their advice !! - That caused me hours of grief trying to get my PC back to something like its original state, and worse yet, it did nothing to my equally brand new Steam version of FS202 - all the problems are STILL THERE…

I have been through the Global region stuff as well, and being logged into M$ and Steam on loading FS - nothing fixes these damned bugs.

Can you explain more of this? I don’t understand what you mean. :thinking:

Do one or two at a time to see which one is causing the issue. Can also check where you got the mod to see if there’s an update to it. Some mods do cause MSFS to crash. The problem is finding which one(s).

Hi
Ok, here we go. I have a purchased Carenado C182 Turbo. I did have this working in my previous W10 Pro installation), but it got lost after I reinstalled W10 on the advice of M$$$ Support which was supposed to fix it.

So, New W10 Pro, New FS2020 (Steam version), same old problems - no change, except now, even the previously available C182 is no longer available to me. The C182 appears in my Community folder inside FS2020, as NOT loaded, but no matter what I do, click it to highlight it etc, nothing happens, there is no load option that should appear.

If I click on the “Info” icon, it just says “WAITING” - really useful info eh ?

I have other 3rd party Aircraft such as the AerMaccchi 339, and that HAS been LOADED from community ?

Another package that now fails is the “La-Haute-Route-Part-Deux” Bush trip. I did again have all those mountain airstrips in my map in my original system, but now - no airstrips, and clicking the Bush trip that uses them now results in a CTD.

I can go on with missing content from my Community folder, and yes, it is the right one, I have got the correct location from the Developer mode option that list 3 watched folders.

question:
what is the content of the last line within the file:
%AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt
?
InstalledPackagesPath …

Items bought from the marketplace should not be in the Community folder. I think for Steam users it goes:

Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam

If those items are outside of the “Official” folder, it may not pull into the Content Manager.

I do not have the Steam version, so someone may have to assist you further.

"InstalledPackagesPath “W:\fs2020 Recommended Content”

This is also the folder that my Community folder is located

Hope this helps ?

But the C182 IS showing in my community folder, and AFAI recollect, I purchased it via the Store in FS2020 (MarketPlace) so from within FS2020 itself, so it should be able to recognise it’s own products surely

The 182 IS LISTED in my Content inside FS - there is just no way to get it into FS2020. Clicking it just highlights it, and the “Info” button on the right displays a Dialog with one word in it - “WAITING”. For what I have no idea, but it ain’t helpful for sure.

I just tried copying my entire Community Folder into the Official/Steam folder - no difference after restarting FS2020.

In the developer menu, there is an option,

Can you copy-paste just the C182 folder into Microsoft Flight Simulator > Packages > Official > Steam and see what happens ?

For example:

Notice where Carenado m20 ovation folder is located?

yes because that’s not how it works.

I’m very puzzled as to why the C182 folder ended up in your Community folder in the first place :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for continuing feedback, but sadly, no 182 after copying it into my OFFICIAL/STEAM folder, it is still missing from my aircraft when I try to select a new aircraft for free flight.

As to why it is in Community, I guess I put it there in desperation trying everything to get this aircraft to show up in FS ? I have tried so many things so far, but nothing works.

FYI there are also a bunch of “hi altitude airstrip” files in there that also used to work, but now do not show up in the world map, so it is not just the 182, it seems to be generic.

Here is a section of this same folder content for you to see what is in there.

BTW there are NO 3rd party files of any known type in here, just the default M$ stuff as far as I can see.

so… we are not sure what you have done that this happens.

I can’t verify whether a possible issue exist for Steam-Userw which not use the default installation folder, because I used the Default… or whether you made something special.

Because you use the Dev-Mode ( which should only DEVELOPERS do ) , you can have a look into the “virtual file system - mount points”.

Otherwise no future idea… Possible there are other Steam-Users here which NOT use the Default-Install-Folder and can share it’s experiance.

You can not do this. There are other files that “control” this. You have some configuration problem with your install. As @MichaMMA pointed out - do not use DEV mode, this may be the source of your issues. I have seen a post by you in other topics where you used the DEV mode and it caused an issue.

The install of MSFS is simple but if you move/copy folder & files around and use the DEV mode without understanding, it is difficult for people to help you.

Looks like to me, you need to uninstall and reinstall - do not copy any files. Let the installer install MSFS.

1. Reset the DEV mode back to default
  2. Uninstall MSFS - (clean uninstall by manually removing any left over folders/files)
  3. Restart PC
  4. Reinstall MSFS - do not use from any backup!! Let the program install normally
  5. Install all content & marketplace items - install them normally (not from a backup)
  6. DO NOT put ANY items in Community
  7. Launch MSFS to see if it works.
  8. If all works OK - then move items to Community
2 Likes

OK, thanks for your feedback anyway. I do not believe that using a “Custom” install folder has any bearing on this issue to be honest, because I also had one in my previous installation of W10 Pro + FS2020, and to be honest, that installation actually had less problems than I seem to have now with this Brand New W10 + FS installation.

This program is so bug ridden it is unbelievable that they should charge us money for it just so all we act as unasked beta testers for them.

I was a software developer in my working years, so understand this scenario very well indeed, and I would never have shipped my products at this stage of “Development”.

Ah well, onwards and upwards as they say - Cheers again for your feedback.

On thing that is different about this version of MSFS is that it is not a program. It’s an app (UWP).

And you can use a custom folder. The installer gives you this choice of where to install. But after it’s installed, don’t move folder/files around. Only the “Community” folder is used for mods that is not from the marketplace. And be mindful of what add-ons you do put in there as I mentioned, some will cause issues with MSFS as the developers of MSFS do not have control on how 3rd party developers code.