30 Minutes With The Piper PA-28R III from Just Flight

Personally I see nothing disappointing in the texturing at all, but then the visuals matter less to me (within reason) than how the planes fly and operate.

In that respect I tend to hold out more hope for the JF version but we’ll have to see once they are released.

2 Likes

Someone made a comment about Carenado planes not having a lot of mods…that is true, but there’s a few specifically that do texture swaps etc - checkout Flightsim.to

She’s pretty at least.

There are liveries, sure, but Carenado sells only on the Marketplace which encrypts the config files and nobody can make any changes to the flight model. Other companies sell also outside of the marketplace, so you can modify the flight model of those planes.

1 Like

I’ve not bought anything from outside the Marketplace yet, so don’t know, but how do they protect their aircraft from piracy. In XP you were given a code to “activate” the plane, such as with the Thranda Quest Kodiak.

Most of them do not. Even ORBX does not. Their airports go straight to the community folder and can be copied. That is why Carenado sells only on Marketplace now.

1 Like

And yet I’m finding the Carenado planes to have lower texture quality than the default Asobo aircraft. Notably on the texts: all Asobo text is crisp even when zooming in.

Aerosoft has mentioned at large that they’re using “decals” for the CRJ, which is a new approach brought by MSFS, we’ll see it the text is crisp. I suspect that the other devs such as Carenado are using legacy methods, producing blurry textures.

Aren’t there two other pipers coming out soon? . Which one to choose?!

The ones that are confirmed (that I know of) are the Carenado PA-28R Arrow III, the Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III and the Just Flight Turbo PA-28R-201T Arrow III & IV.

Just Flight were hoping to have their non-Turbo Arrow III ready this week but they’ve confirmed on Twitter that middle of next week is more likely.

Yes the tablet can be removed completely via this method below, it can also be turned off using the home button.

kfxKvNk.jpg

Thanks, I really enjoyed your video, I’m pretty sure I’ll be buying this one!

The airplane looks really nice and I guess the system are better than the carenado ones. But I didnt like your review tbh, not bc of the airplane but the overall structure and how you showed things. Just my opinion, anyways thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Any specific feedback you’d like to give?

I rarely stream, my format on YouTube is very different.