3D Printed Flight Simulator Panel V2

Thanks, my confusion was that you referenced Thingiverse and they are “sponsored” by MakeBot, so I looked at those … :open_mouth:

Yes I found the Ender 3 and 3 Pro. Thanks

I’m tracking you now! Yeah, I enjoy using their site and enjoying all the FREE content people post up there.

Also kinda funny when you think about it… I use Cura for slicing the models and compiling the code I run on the printer, but it is by Ultimaker… another expensive brand! The confusion gets worse if you get into liquid resin printing with an SLA printer… For that I use 2 different slicers and nothing related to the printer I have!!!

Hey mate. Nice work. Just wondering what software you are using for your 3d modeling? Wouldn’t mind having a go at modeling some myself! My Ender 3 V2 just arrived and my brain is working overtime on things to print!

After the last fs2020 update, I’ve decided to sideline the game for a while and focus on building some panels for when it’s ready.

1 Like

I have made mine on AutoCAD - But that is because i use it all the time for work. If you have no CAD experience it may be a bit overwhelming as it is not the most logical initially. Something like Blender may be a bit easier to pick up and works fine but i only used it once years ago so i dont know its current state.

1 Like

GREAAAAAATTTT!!!,… many thanks man… grettins from Argentina!

what switches are used in the x-cub panel? I ordered some micro switch but they are too big.
Thanks

I used to print my panels on full page clear or white sticker sheets. Then I would cut out the necessary holes and paint it with a clear photograph protectant from Michaels.

Hey,
Thanks for sharing your STL’s these are great. I am printing the AP panel now.but instead of the teensy im using a pro micro. I’ll post another reply when it’s completed.
thanks again

1 Like

Happy ! for a friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And … one more !

2 Likes

My conception …

2 Likes

Still have to print the case and clean up the wires.but its working

3 Likes

That makes me want to buy a printer lol. Wish there was someone making to buy. Other than real sim gears panels that are to much right now for me. Nice work.

Anybody think about a Radio panel? Possibly including the digital display also?

EK~

yep im in the process of designing one like the saitek systems through fusion 360 & mobiflight, but im only doing it in my spare time

This is great stuff. It makes me happy to see. I pop to this thread every once in a while for updates and motivation.

Thanks Man…
Thanks Daniel (it’s like talking to myself, we have the same name and the same passion!). You were very generous in sharing your work. I did the electronics with Arduino (cheaper than Tensy where I live) for X-Plane using the advanced SimVim Cockpit system (simvim.com) and when I switched to FS2020 it no longer works for me. I am not going to stop looking for a complete system in Arduino, maybe someone knows it. I have seen the Mobiflight but I find it somewhat strange and not so versatile. Maybe one of the forum knows a similar project with Arduino and can share links! Thank you again for your collaboration, it helps the community a lot. A huge applause for you !!! Greetings from the South of Argentina

1 Like

Check this guy out:

For those of you who don’t want to buy a 3D printer just for this: I used a 3D printing service to print my cockpit parts. As always in life, you need to choose between quick and cheap, I had to wait 2 weeks for them but they turned out well, and I suspect coming from pro-grade printers they might even look a bit better than from a flimsy 200$ one.

Very impressive work!