4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

Hi Bijan,

Thanks for a fantastic product and great ongoing development… and a real lot of hard work.

I couple of vegetation questions - maybe some of it out of your scope but maybe related, and I think I may already know the answer since you seem to have a do a lot f manual corrections in other areas.

1. Some areas don’t make a reference to altitude. The mountains to the East o Cochabamba (SLCB) rise to nearly 5000m but still have thick trees and grass., Of course in real life there are mostly rock, perhaps course grass? and lichen at that altitude. But you have thick forests and mature trees growing at this altitude (and probably elsewhere). Is a tree line possible in MSFS?

2. As raised elsewhere, Asobo has planted thick untidy grasses right across the World, at any altitude, or climatic zone, whether urban lawns, airports, domestic parks or veldt. It’s the same everywhere.
    Is this in your plans? Get those mowers and chain saws out!

Anyway just askin’…

Thanks

The plan is to do the whole world :slight_smile:
If I just had a magic wand to do it all at once.

9 Likes

Hi
There is no setting for altitude unlike FSX but I will have this fixed in the next update… this Sunday.

Unfortunately grass can not be removed but you can turn them off in sim settings.

2 Likes

This is also fixed, along with many other ships and shipping containers that had trees growing on them.

2 Likes

Fantastic news! I wasn’t expecting you to do that so thankyou :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

On a side note, no one has released a LIDAR DEM mesh of anywhere new in a while. I wonder if anyone is working on them, or at least I hope they are. They make the world look so much better because they make the terrain look more realistic and mountains have their jagged and unique looks.

I am guessing maybe because of the impact on performance and size. I haven’t looked into LIDAR DEM yet.

1 Like

LOWI Airport - Innsbruck, Austria - Winter Season with 120,000 3D trees.
All trees are placed manually in streets, yards, sidewalks, houses and surrounding hills.
This will NOT be as part of the season package.

5 Likes

What’s the product gonna be, if you can share?

1 Like

To be determined… Innsbruck, Austria Winter Season maybe.

2 Likes

When will it be available in the in-game mall?

It doesn’t matter…you can but it now on SimMarket.

This is very important, because our network download simulation market only has b / s, do you know how much trouble each update will bring me?

I’m not sure the translate function has quite worked there.

Are you saying SimMarket is BS and causes you trouble? FWIW I’ve not had any issue at all with it.

1 Like

i think he meant his download speed on simmarket is a few bits per second

… or maybe it is because LIDAR data can’t coexist with photogrammetry. I’ve mentioned some other LIDAR problems in earlier posts. Personally I think LIDAR should be limited to remote, uninhabited areas and then it will have the best benefit.

1 Like

@CurrentBadger42 With the way things are going, all 4 seasons will be available on marketplace by end of the year.

2 Likes

That’s odd because modders that have made LIDAR DEM meshes have excluded photogrammetry stuff so it works with it. I have quite a few meshes downloaded myself and there aren’t any problems either and it works with the photogrammetry cities I have downloaded as well.

Video of LOWI in QHD resolution. New winter season with 3d trees and conifers only.

9 Likes

That looks phenomenal :smiley: Are you planning on doing this with any other areas?

1 Like