$40 for a plane!?

So I dipped my toes into the game store… almost puked. $40 CND for a plane… one plane!? That’s a third of what I paid for for the premium deluxe edition of the WHOLE SIM!

14 Likes

you’ve never played flight sims before, huh

167 Likes

You’ll love it when you see the airliners

74 Likes

Welcome to the world of flight simulation :smirk:. But I am very happy about your post. Perhaps premium payware aircraft simulation developers can see they might make more money selling at lowering prices now.

26 Likes

In DCS you pay around 80 Bucks for one Plane

36 Likes

Yup - that’s what they often cost - and more! But, in the case of Carenado (if you want one), they should have a sale coming up around Christmas. But, it may be different this year and it often doesn’t include the newest or most popular planes.

2 Likes

Ya got me there. New to the community. This seemed like a good jump off point. Got a wicked deal on hotas and pedals ti get me started.

3 Likes

Yep I know $40 is pretty cheap, just wait until the study leval airliners hit :slight_smile:

25 Likes

PMDG NG3 will be around $139.99 :disappointed_relieved:

23 Likes

it’s not a cheap space

the effort involved in accurately modeling planes is pretty high and comparable to the effort to release a whole game

unfortunately DLC planes are generally pretty expensive, but the good ones are worth it and can be used as refreshers on how to fly the real thing.

the great news is that MSFS ships with a great stable of default planes and if you don’t want to get that serious you’ll have a great time with the planes that come packed in.

9 Likes

I agree the Carenado GA stuff is a little too steep. That’s because flight simming is such a niche market. Normally a company lowers prices to get more customers. The amount of customers in the flight sim business is limited, and to still make it worthwhile they have to ask high prices.

Hopefully this will change a bit with the rise in popularity of this hobby.

1 Like

First time in flightsim? Wait for best Airbus/Boeing planes you will have to pay 100-200$ for one.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community! Do this long enough and you will twitch a bit but cough it up. Especially for Pmdg. Or even $40 just to have a ground crew service your plane. Good thing for you being new is there is so much to explore now without dropping a dime! Use these forums to get good advice before you buy. Happy flying!

4 Likes

Wait until PMDG releases their products than you shall see what it costs. $40 is the price we pay in DCS when an aircraft is on sale for half the price.

8 Likes

I will keep the :dollar: in my pouch :kangaroo: . MS has added so many planes in the basic version. I am more than happy with them. Full game versions always offers the most :boom: for the :duck: .

2 Likes

Amen. 79.00 I believe for my F18.

2 Likes

Those prices were because it was a niche market, now it’s becoming mainstream, maybe they’ll earn more money with smaller prices.

For GA I mean, the 737NG will still be a niche product

7 Likes

They could add a leasing :bank: option, so we can get hired as repo :airplane: agents and earn :dollar:.

3 Likes

Please respond on this survey thread, very relevant to the discussion here; How much would you be willing and able to pay for this aircraft?

Oh boy. You’re about to get ripped apart by people who think it’s acceptable to pay 2-3x the price of the game for a single aircraft, lol.

9 Likes