$40 for a plane!?

In this case, Carenado should pay me instead to install this garbage of a lazy port

1 Like

You don’t even want to know what some of us spent on add ons for FSX. I had every ORBX scenery add on, and the PMDG aircraft and various other aircraft. Not to mention gear. I personally have about 10k in flight gear between the motion platform, g1000 suite, virtual fly yoke,tq6,v3rnio,ruddos etc. If the add on is high quality I have no problem paying for it. It’s rabbit hole my friend…

10 Likes

FYI a week before MSFS released I purchased the iniSimulations Airbus A300-600 for X-Plane for £69.99 (USD$92.50/CAD$121). And I liked it. I’ll keep flying it (and others in my collection) for many years to come.

And if you’re wondering, here’s what $121 Canadian will buy you.

Flightsimming can be an expensive hobby, and not too dissimilar to real aviation. It’s important to know what you want, read the reviews, and budget for it.

1 Like

I saw that Carenado plane is a default cockpit that we already have in game, I mean, it uses default glass cockpit so 90% of the ‘systems’ are provided by default MS systems. I am not sure what the plane offers to really worth 40 bucks. I understand it if the plane is an A2A brand, but a Carenado? MS please do some active control on price and quality.

13 Likes

40 is so cheap I wouldn’t even touch it. Can’t wait for OP to see PMDG in the marketplace for 150. can you make a „reaction“ video on YouTube?

4 Likes

Except that they don’t work properly.

Have you tried IFR with the A320neo using auto pilot and ILS approach?

1 Like

We need to stop thinking that paying 200 bucks is correct, we as a community need to change that mentality.

20 Likes

The A320 mate, it is a placeholder lol. I just fly the 152 and the Cubs, all other planes perform aweful. they feel so ‘placeholder’. cheers :wink:

Boomers always keep buying these 80$ airliners so they keep selling at 80$, it was the same for FSX and XP11.

If only they knew they’d make much more money if they’d sell it at 40$ instead especially for this new simulator that brought a lot of people.

But I agree 40$ CAD for a GA plane is a joke.

9 Likes

The prices are correct as everybody can Price their product to his liking. It’s up to you if you want to buy it or not. Demanding pmdg to sell their AC for 15 is a joke. Don’t buy it then

2 Likes

Sure! I am thinking for the good of the consumers, I am not thinking just in myself and in what I can or cannot. That said, I never said 15 is ok for a PMDG. What I said is 200, or 150 is not ok. I am not thinking in what my wallet can pay or not really, I would love to see my friends flying a PMDG for example, I would love to see more people flying it but that is not gonna happen when planes are 150 bucks. Of course they can ask the money they want, at the end it is a company strategy desition, I am sure that at 150 bucks, most of the sells come from 1st world countries.This has been discussed hundred of times so nothing new here.

1 Like

Well guys, in reallity we’re all (at least those of us who jumping they “P3D” train) in somewhat funny situation. We will have to buy our preffered planes as soon as they out for MSFS. I’d like to think that PMDG/Aerosoft/Other’s would be somewhat honorable about that and will give their client discount for MSFS version of products that client already bought for P3D for example. Well I don’t know about PMDG - they certainly didn’t give discount for p3d version of B777 (when I had FSX version first), but Aerosoft and few others known for doing just that - not free update (as there’s certainly some work and in case of MSFS huge amounts of work porting product from p3d for example), but discount and not a bad discount. So let’s cross the findgers and bear with it - we still got better deal in my opinion cause MSFS is really great (yes it has it’s bugs at release - but show me one simulator which hadn’t?).

1. I have confidence this stuff will get fixed with time
  2. ILS approaches in the A320neo are probably not the primary concern of someone who’s simming for the first time, and there’s plenty of other options as far as planes go that are available right now.
1 Like

It’s nothing to do with being a boomer, man. This is a hobby for a lot of people, and you’re not paying for the plane itself, you’re playing for the hundreds upon hundreds of hours that have gone into development of every aspect of that aircraft. The reason you pay $80 for an aircraft is because it’s supposed to provide you more content than a single game. You’re supposed to have your ■■■ in that seat for thousands of hours, not 20.

It’s got a unique handling profile, it’s own quirks of flight, it’s own systems and it’s own problems. $40 for an aicraft means it’s a 3D model with a generic flight model slapped on it and you should stay away. 80+ means it’s had some actual work done on it.

4 Likes

$40 for an accurate, realistic, complete, built for MSFS GA aircraft is acceptable. The Carenado 182 meets none of those requirements. Just look at the G1000, it’s the default, generic MSFS version. This aircraft is a rip off.

7 Likes

If you are new, here is an advice about add-on planes.
Be disciplined, this is not Pokemon, you don’t need to catch them all :smiley:
If there is a plane that you really like , study the real one on the net, see some reviews about the add-on, think it through, and buy only the ones you really like in all aspects. There will be really complex 100$+ planes in the future, with amazingly complex systems.
The default planes are VERY basic.
Hopefully we ill have Simcoders REP add-ons for them to make them more complex and realistic.

6 Likes

ya but its a combat aircraft with a lot more systems and the game is free with $15 for the Flaming Cliffs aircraft which are fantastic starter aircraft.

Yes, flight sim addons are not cheap. But, it is all about value. A300-600 is a year long development, and has such graphical and simulation detail that it is considered one of the top payware addons released for Xplane. IMO it is on par with much more expensive ones.

On the other hand Carenado 182, is a direct model port from an old sim. All the avionics and systems are simply copy pasted from default MSFS systems. I bet they wrapped it up in good 2 weeks. And they try to charge half the price of the simulator itself for that garbage! Carenado was always pure eye candy, with arcade flight models and system simulation. You knew the bar was not set as high as other known developers in every product of theirs. But this time they simply dropped the bar into Mariana Trench, trying to grab cash from naive new comers. It is pure scam.

8 Likes

I’m gonna take a guess, you’re new to simming huh?

4 Likes

Well there is a bit of ground services included now :slight_smile: For me enough to skip that cost at least