4090 + DLAA + Frame Generation = WOW

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for, I’ll smash that buy button now that I know Vysnc ( via Nvidia CP) can work in conjunction with FG

Turn Vysnc on in your Nvidia Control Panel, off in MSFS. You could also try the “Max frame rate” slider in the CP as well, just know that anything other than “application controlled” for the CP Vysnc setting will automatically disable the Vsync settings within MSFS

1 Like

Where is vSync in the Nvidia control panel? I get gSync but I don’t see vSync

within the 3D-settings… you can set it “global” or for a “specific programm”

nvidia inspector profile has been updated. much more convenient. now with latency settings

I’m getting over 90 FPS with everything maxed out and TLOD set to 400 and using 4K. That’s also with Fenix A320. How is frame generation not making a difference for you??? You must have something broken somewhere.

7950X and 4090

3 Likes

Not sure, guess its the mystery of msfs performs better on some systems then others.

Hello! Have been having the same “flashing” problem with “Bloom” on since installing my Asus Tuf RTX 4090 OC this week. “Playing” with setting in MSFS tonight, i turned on “Motion Blur” & “Lens Flare” and the flashing stopped.

I havent tested further yet to see if it its one, the other, or both that made it quit, but will tomorrow. Perhaps this might help others with the problem!

“Lens flare” with “Bloom” didn’t fix the flashing problem for me.
And im not touching “Motion blur”.

In my case, turning off bloom stopped the flashing, but turned the sun into a white “dot”, so I turned it back on. Then I experimented with the other settings and got lucky with it stopping. I understand that sometimes there is not a "common denominator " between two systems unfortunately.

I have the RTX 4080 but use TAA + Frame Generation. With DLSS and/or DLAA I notice a weird fade when I change numbers via the dials on the flightdeck.

Do you use TAA or DLSS or DLAA?

Yes, that’s a side effect of DLSS. Personally I use TAA cause DLSS is not needed performance wise with Frame Generation on and it’s got the mentioned flaws.

I have lots of CTD issues with DLSS and frame gen.

Just tried to enable it again and MSFS just almost freezes, sits there for a long time and then CTD. I’m using DX12, DLSS Quality mode on a 4090 + 13900K.

Is there any performance difference between a 4090 Zotac and MSI for example?

I see some wide differences in pricing for example.

None at all. You might get 1-2 fps more based on how the stock overclock of the GPU is. But overall, they all perform the same. Big differences come where some run cooler than others because of the cooling they have, but not by a big difference. Any card you get will be great. I myself have the Zotac and It is an awesome card. It runs super quiet and never goes above 58c when gaming for hours.

1 Like

The sim is pretty stable right now. I would remove everything from your community folder and start testing until you find the culprit.

I have nothing in the community folder.
If I enable frame generation and click ‘apply’ then the screen is just stuck there with around 2 fps for ~20 secs after which it crashes to the desktop.
When I come back in again it is enabled but if I go out and make any kind of changes to the general options and click ‘apply’ everything freezes again and it crashes.

The error in the application events points towards DLSS being the culprit.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c582fa
Faulting module name: sl.dlss_g.dll, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x634eaba6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001e8d7
Faulting process id: 0x0x2FF8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D937855842CEA8
Faulting application path: X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\sl.dlss_g.dll
Report Id: 2526e3a2-9851-4c6c-901d-72184b320af7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Most 4090 can be overclocked to nearly 3 Ghz by simply increasing the voltage limit to 1.1v and setting the max power limit to 600W (or 133%) if your card allows it. I was able to push mine to 3.06 Ghz, but at the expense of using nearly 565W at peak power draw and temps creeping up to the mid 70s. I’m not saying the 4090 is efficient at these upper power levels, but overclocking to nearly +300 Mhz on the GPU core is actually quite impressive.

2 Likes

Curious as to what kind of performance boost you saw in MSFS at 3Ghz.