40th Anniversary Edition DC-3 vs FS Economy?

Right now the VA I belong to (www.hawaiianva.org) has two aircraft for our FS Economy arm: the PMDG DC-6, and the new DC-3 from Microsoft. When I use the SimConnect FSE client (+smartCARS for the VA) I’m able to fly with no issues. Where I run into an issue though is when I try to use the DC-3. If I load the flight, then click on the FSE client and start the flight, a good estimated 75% of the time MSFS will freeze and then CTD. When that happens I’ll get a .NET error, and in there it mentions the FSE client. Quitting that error will close the FSE client.

To see if it was somehow add-on related I set my Addons Linker to zero add-ons (not completely zero, but only the MS stuff and things purchased through the store). Doing that, of course things worked fine. I then re-loaded the sim with my normal Hawai’i add-ons (all my aircraft and liveries, but only Hawai’i related scenery and enhancements) - loaded the FSE client before MSFS - and it worked fine.

I’m having a hard time pinning down what could be culprit here. Generally I’m not seeing CTDs outside of FS Economy and the DC-3, and of course that’s the plane I really want to learn and fly!

Up next I was thinking I could remove the FSE SimConnect client and reinstall that. Anybody have any suggestions other than that? Anyone else seeing the same issue?