4K Blues

If the subject or focus of the topic itself was G-Sync being broken or not, then sure, that would be an answer.
There are plenty of ongoing discussions about G-Sync not working and I am trying to keep things on topic here instead of giving into debating something that belongs on another thread.

Not really. LCD monitor are not like CRTs, 30 Hz won’t flicker.

1 Like

GSync works but is affected by brightness flickering on the majority of the monitors. Maybe only the GSync Ultimate certified ones don’t have this issue, I haven’t tried.
That’s because MSFS has microstuttering even at high framerates, even when the fps look stable in the framerate counter. You can see that on the developer’s frametime graph (occasional red bars on an otherwise yellow/green “good” pattern).
I played Red Dead Redemption 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 when I still had a 1080 Ti, I got 40-50 fps but the framerate was smooth with GSync and there was no brightness flickering because there was no stuttering.
MSFS is ALWAYS affected by microstuttering, therefore I prefer to keep GSync disabled.
Actually, when framerate is locked at 48 (which for me is 20 in the video settings because they did not bother to adjust the setting for different refresh rate monitors) with VSync on my monitor syncs every 3 frames and it looks very smooth. I guess it’s the same with a 60 Hz monitor and framerate locked at 30.
30 fps and 30 Hz is even better.

1 Like

Again, the topic here is not rather G-Sync works.
I am muting all replies on this subject.

Good luck to the OP on the monitor choice!

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello,

So I purchased and set up my new LG 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Ultragear QHD IPS 1ms NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor yesterday. $300

I went from the 4K 29" to the *27 inch QHD (2560 X 1440) IPS display IPS 1ms response time & 144Hz refresh rate.

Settings are at the stops and I am getting an average of 70fps!

Still blown away in complete amazement with the quality of the visual with this lower resolution form 4K.