[5] (updated for 1.27.17.0) We fixed several systems related to the bush trip activities including save system

Yes, but they’re not allowed to be changed for the default bushtrips, which would be nice to change.

I will forward this. But no promises if it can be done or not. There are some rules for the world update missions.

I guess, we need to split sim issues with bush trips and mission (script) related things. I know, it is difficult for users (and difficult for MS/Asobo). When I have a look into new auto refuel on leg end/start, it is a mess.
Basically, the sim itself allows refueling. But from Vanilla to SU4, in each mission script refueling is disabled.
Starting with SU5, when Perfect Flight began to create the missions, until today, at every airport that offers fuel, refueling was enabled by the mission script at those airports (and also at the start of a leg).

What happens with SU10: No change for refueling in mission scripts (but some other changes in SU1 missions) and the sim itself refuels fuel at leg end/leg start. They fix issues in the mission scripts with implementing things in the simulation itself. This is not only a bad design of fixing/implementing things, this breaks also several custom missions that have to do with fuel handling to reach the final destination.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help and explanation.

Sounds like they went the fast route and just made it so for all bushtrips, instead of changing the scripts for each of them, which would probably be more work.

1 Like

I’m sure, each code change has more effort than changing 10 mission scripts. Just thinking on all branching, merging, pull-request reviewing and so on.

And if I had been asked, I would have provided the additions within 20 minutes.

Now going to validate some more reported bugs if fixed or not.

Missions with IngameMarkers are working now with SU10

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Since there is no information in the changelog about the fixed systems, here is the feedback about the test about the issues and bugs reported via Zendesk, forum, DevSupport or directly in conference calls with the PO and devs:
Missions with IngameMarkers seems to be saved correctly with SU10. Thank you very much. This can be a good work around for the missing landmarks.

save system improvements

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Saves of Mission states and progress looks like to be fixed. I had the same issue as most others, older progress was not visible first, but come back at day 2.
Not really good is the change of the airplane for the next start on a leg. Before SU10, the last/stop position was stored. For new Legs, the aircraft is now placed on runway, but not at threshold, it is placed on runway border/start. Mostly in some lights or the localizer (EDDL). I will attach screenshots later after more tests.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
[X ] Partial

As per others have stated - the sim time resets to the time of very first leg of the bush trip when you continue bush trip progress from the main menu.
Please revert to time being continuous rather than resetting.

1 Like

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
[ X] Partial

Plane position is moved to the start of the runway when restarting bush trip progress from menu. Previously the plane position would be saved, e.g. you could park the aircraft and switch off engine and then continue from cold/dark state.

3 Likes

OneShotSoundAction not fixed

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Since there is no information in the changelog about the fixed systems, here is the feedback about the test about the issues and bugs reported via Zendesk, forum, DevSupport or directly in conference calls with the PO and devs:
OneShotSoundAction is still not working.

1 Like

refuel after each leg completion

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

In most cases, it is working, but sometimes not. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce with defined steps.

In addition: I think, this fix is a bad design. The sim itself allows refueling in missions. The creator of the missions from Vanilla to SU4 decided in the mission scripts to disable fuel and payload.
Staring with SU5, when Perfect Flight is designing the missions, refuel is allowed after landing on an airport offering fuel and on each leg startup. To solve the issue with the oldest bush trips, not the mission scripts were modified, the sim itself refuels the plane with no change in the missions.
In my opinion, this is a major break in the immersion of bush trips. Not only the missions of Vanilla to SU4 are affected, also the SU5+ and all custom pay- and freeware bush trips already published are affected.
Missions that gamble with fuel consumption and have it as a challenge are thus broken.

If you want me to create the Xml-Parts for refueling on selected airports for the Vanilla to SU4 bush trips, let me know and you get it to add it into the existing mission scripts.

7 Likes

SAVE-SYSTEM: Bush Trip Creation / Change of Bush Trips

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

While developing missions for MSFS, Marketplace or any other freeware/payware platform, several changes are done by the creators in the testphase. Testing against the new save-system.

Working:

• Change of Waypoint
  • Change of Names, NavLog and other textx
  • Change of Sound files
  • and most of the other things can be changed while development of trips.

Not Working:

• change of departure airport. Briefing and Activity screen shows the new airport, but the plane is spawning on runway of the old airport. VFR Map shows new route.
  • WP-Names in G1000 NXi renamed to USRxx instead of the names of the flightplan

Of course, the list has no claim to completeness.

3 Likes

Waypoint Markers

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

Waypoint Markers (when name is defined in LocPak-File)
Waypoint Markers shows still the associated TT: entry instead of the entry from the LocPak file. For the Navlog it working. I recognized a small change to SU8 (?): The TT: prefix is gone :;
In the screenshot you see in the Navlog the correct entries from LocPak (green), the marker has still the reference (red).

1 Like

Is this fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

All my bushtrips done before the update are on 0% progress. Trips after the update are logged OK.