500,000 RTX 30xx cards found

https://www.france24.news/en/2020/12/500000-graphics-cards-found-in-an-abandoned-container.html

Apparently a whole lot of cards coming available!:grinning::grinning:
Or not apparently!!

nice fake news .
just a joke for the spanish april fool day.

5 Likes

Well thatā€™s just mean!! :smile: :smile: But educational!! Thanks

1 Like

Just another case of Virtual Reality?
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I smelled fake news as soon as I saw that a Korean harbor worker ā€œwas a gamer and was waiting for 3080ā€ā€¦ because 3080 have been widely available everywhere in Korea since a week after the launch. Still now as well, though the price suddenly increased last week (before they were close to retail prices).

1 Like

Also 500,000 cards in one shipping container, lol?

1 Like

Fake news 2020.

1 Like

April fools came quite early.

2 Likes

Lol ā€œabandonedā€. Iā€™m pretty sure someone was holding onto it so they can sell it at a higher price. Iā€™ve seen this happened before on rice commodities where the country was hit by a famine, then rice farmers who have successful rice harvest, deliberately holding onto the rice into their huge storage containers and wait until the people starve so much and the demand rose so high that they can sell the rice at 300% profit.

It didnā€™t happen.

1 Like

Donā€™t be so gullible McFlyā€¦thatā€™s about $250,000,000 worth of product. Nobody is losing track of that.

1 Like

Fakeā€¦and 500,000 card cannot fit into a container.

1 Like

For those of you that havenā€™t read from the top, or figured it out, in Spain December 28th is the equivalent of the U.S. April Fools Day. Got me too when I first read it!

1 Like

Yeah, maybe this didnā€™t happenā€¦ But Iā€™ve been lived through enough hoarding issues from commodity that I wonā€™t be surprised if someone would to make this actually happen for real.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.