5800x3D still better than new 7000 series

I am not disputing this benchmark. (And of course I have no objection to yours either.)

However, when we MSFS players look at the average FPS numbers, we may think that they are a little too high.
The data is probably being taken under light load conditions at high altitude, as the FPS is well above 120 FPS.
More and more MSFS, which is a heavy title, is also being put on the AMD 7000 series CPUs currently being benchmarked by the media.
However, the average is over 60 FPS in the majority of conditions. That’s a bit different than what we routinely suffer from on a
I think this is a little different from the fairly heavy conditions.

The 5800X3D in particular has a significant FPS increase when not hampered by other conditions at high altitude, which pushes the average FPS number up.
This is an area that is already too fast to be relevant to feel, and looking too much at the numbers alone may lead to misjudgment.
(I actually use a 5800X3D and know that in a typical scenario there is a +40% FPS improvement over the same generation CPU)

I mention it in the following thread. If I may.

FPS difference verification between AMD 5950X and 5800X3D at Haneda Airport (RJTT) 34L straight out flight - #30 by KanadeNyan

1 Like