73 GB of updates, stuck on installation mgr and cannot proceed to play game. What am I doing wrong?

`Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue:

I launched the game, haven’t played in weeks and there’s a 73GB update which will take days to install with my 30Gb internet and I cannot find a way to download the update in the background and play the game while it downloads in much the same way as all other games work. I want to play the game this evening when I have some free time not in 3 days time. I also don’t want to burn electricity for 3 days.

Can you please advise?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: I don’t think I need to, I’m stuck on installation mgr downloading a very large update.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Start game, game goes to Installlation Mgr, stuck on download screen and cannot find a way to skip and play game.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel i7 6800k , Nvidia Geforce 1070 GTX, 32GB ram.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Don’t know.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store.

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No.

i dont know whats wrong m8 but for me the same just trying to do a clean install ,but it just stops around 69 gb left to install from 90.99

1 Like

It’s not the full game it’s release 1.17.3.0 and it’s 73.06GB. I’m currently getting between 3-5Mbits and it’s already been downloading for 5 hours and is on 12%, I’m not bothered how slow the download is I just want to skip and play the game. There must be a way to do that, forcing people to sit through massive downloads is madness.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback, I didn’t change directory’s but it certainly sounds like something has gone wrong with the install process. Hopefully future updates won’t cause the same issue.