73 GB of updates, stuck on installation mgr and cannot proceed to play game. What am I doing wrong?

`Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue:

I launched the game, haven’t played in weeks and there’s a 73GB update which will take days to install with my 30Gb internet and I cannot find a way to download the update in the background and play the game while it downloads in much the same way as all other games work. I want to play the game this evening when I have some free time not in 3 days time. I also don’t want to burn electricity for 3 days.

Can you please advise?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: I don’t think I need to, I’m stuck on installation mgr downloading a very large update.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Start game, game goes to Installlation Mgr, stuck on download screen and cannot find a way to skip and play game.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel i7 6800k , Nvidia Geforce 1070 GTX, 32GB ram.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Don’t know.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store.

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No.

i dont know whats wrong m8 but for me the same just trying to do a clean install ,but it just stops around 69 gb left to install from 90.99

1 Like

Sounds more like you are trying to install the full game.
Are you sure the update patch is pointing toward your install directory?
If all is correct download overnight while you sleep.
shouldn’t take that long. I only have 40GB connection and it downloads full sim within 5 hours.

1 Like

It’s not the full game it’s release 1.17.3.0 and it’s 73.06GB. I’m currently getting between 3-5Mbits and it’s already been downloading for 5 hours and is on 12%, I’m not bothered how slow the download is I just want to skip and play the game. There must be a way to do that, forcing people to sit through massive downloads is madness.

There are no updates of that size so something went amiss somewhere.
1.17.3 is world update 5

and described by Asobo as
The in-sim content update is approximately 5.25GB. The optional free World Update in the Marketplace is 3.53GB.

As I said, it seems like you are installing the full sim to a different directory than you initial install.

1 Like

Thanks for all the helpful feedback, I didn’t change directory’s but it certainly sounds like something has gone wrong with the install process. Hopefully future updates won’t cause the same issue.

Hope you are up and flying again soon
The next update is in a couple of weeks so make sure it is pointing tot he correct directory before proceed with the install.
Especially if you have the sim on a different disk to your operating system.