747 Autopilot Panel Issues

Autopilot panel still has issues when switching from VNAV to SPD mode. Can’t turn off VNAV when clicking the button. Was at FL 02 waiting to capture the G/S (hadn’t yet) and the aircraft just began to dip to the ground even when the Altitude setting was still at FL 020

I had the same exact issue the other day with the 47 when coming in to land with the autopilot and G/S. The whole flight beforehand was fine, just when it came time to capture, it just wanted to roll over and play dead.

The function of the A/P may be wrong in the plane, but the dip shouldn’t happen. This is a fairly well posted issue.
Do these steps first.

With the sim running, if you are on the start up screen, from the top heading, select “Options”, or if you are already in the sim, press “ESC” on the keyboard.

• Under “General”
    Set “Flight Model” to “Modern”, not “Legacy”.
  • Under “Assists”
    Set all “Piloting” assists to “Off”
    When you are in the sim, from the “winged” sim icon, Ensure in AI Control (icon to the right of the yoke icon) that “Control Aircraft” is “Off” (button placed to the left).

Next, and quite important, is to add deadzones to each axis for all your controllers. Approximately 5% should be enough, but there have been instances where significantly more was needed.

FYI, the moderators are a bit strict on posting in this section of the forum, as per the site rules, so you should search all the other sections of the forum that may pertain to your issue before you post here.
This section of the forum is for proven bugs that you can’t find a solution elsewhere on the forum.

So, having said that, give the above a try, if this solves it, please mark this thread as solved.
If it doesn’t just let us know.

Thank you for the tips. I will change those settings and update the thread in case of any improvements. It may take some time to fully test

1 Like

Hi jpdelta12,
I have had the same problems as you.
Interestingly, the first flight I did from LAX to MEL after the last update had no issues.
But, the last two flights I have turned on the Autopilot and it has disengaged V/S and activated VNAN and I then cannot disable VNAV.
I have found a work around but it is not ideal.
When engaging autopilot immediately after take-off I have been able to select any buttons.
I also had to start the flight from the runway with the engines already running.
Cold and dark starts from the gate lead to the aforementioned issue.
I know this might not be ideal but it makes the plane flyable.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. Ill try it out. It is a shame that it doesn’t seem to work from cold and dark.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.