I had an interesting moment yesterday when I…
- flew until the tanks were dry and the engines died
- put more fuel in the tanks with simulator magic
- tried to restart the engines
- crashed because they never restarted
… and I’m trying to figure out if there’s a reason why I couldn’t restart them. I just tried…
- fuel cutoff to “Stop” (all four engines)
- throttle to idle (all four engines)
- starter enabled (I tried this a few times, some for one engine at a time, some for all four)
- wait for N1 to rise a bit (I seem to see 6-8% depending on how quickly I’m descending)
- fuel cutoff to “Run”
… but the engine never seems to relight.
If I create the same scenario by just flipping all the fuel cutoff switches, I can restart with this procedure. Anyone know what else I should be doing?