777 Blatantly misleading statement

Knowing full well exactly what the Captian Sim 777 was, and taking all the feedback into consideration I decided in good faith to purchase the 777 - 200 as it really is one of my favourite airliners. The fact that it was a little on the simple side and also a 747 clone was something I decided I could live with, especially given it does look gorgeous.

I made the purchase in the Xbox MSFS Marketplace and was promised in the product description “Hundreds of realistic animations including wing flex”

Well I can tell you it 100% absolutely does not have wingflex at all on the Xbox Series X… not even a minuscule amount… and this is appallingly misleading.

It looks absolutely ridiculous in the air with the wings drooping down at the ends as if it were parked at the gate…

I made this purchase around 2 months ago and until now haven’t really taken the time to test this bird out, which sadly also puts me outside the window of an Xbox refund.

Blatantly misleading customers into making a purchase in good faith and based on the information provided to them in the product description should not be happening in an official marketplace.

Obviously I’m not happy. -end rant.

2 Likes

When everyone say “DO NOT BUY” it is probably for a reason.
Not much sympathy to get here I am afraid :slight_smile:

23 Likes

This.

With the amount of slamming on the product to go out and support it knowing full well the scorching hatred the community at large has for it … I’m kinda glad it’s that bad.

3 Likes

You were basically warned by an entire field of red caution flags that stretched farther than your eyes could even see… yet you decided to enter the mine field.

Your love for the 777 got the better of you! :wink: You are the reason Captain Scam have somewhat of a valid strategy going on there. How much does this works for them, I dunno. Truth is, you’re just witnessing how few efforts and how few development it costed them.

Lesson learned the hard way, I guess :relieved:

6 Likes

I’ve given up condemning their actions, even. The lesson they have taught us all is that there is a killing to be made ($$$) on people who by nature, permanently have their head in the sands.

2 Likes

There were more red flags than a Chinese parade. Seriously, there’s a reason why their add-ons were pretty universally condemned by the community. Sucks that you found out that we do, in fact, complain about appropriate things on occasion.

6 Likes

You made my day with this… :rofl:

4 Likes

Let’s look past all the warnings from the community. The fact remains that it’s the epitome of false advertising and the product needs to be removed from the marketplace. There needs to be some sort of standards set to prevent this from happening.

2 Likes

Demand for a refund!
We need to put more pressure on Asobo to apply quality control in their market place.
Addons like this, and especially the C-130 (without a cockpit) should not be allowed as payware.

1 Like

Is that the model or console thing?
I have the 777F, and for all it’s faults, the visual model, including flex and animations are the only thing that is just top notch.

You don’t say what country you are in, but I would catalogue all the omissions which can be evidenced as such; evidence (date stamp and save) screenshots of the actual sales blurb. Ask for a refund regardless and evidence the expected negative response (this will show you have made reasonable efforts to resolve this efficiently and without involving other bodies unnecessarily).

Approach you equivalent of Trading Standards, and present your case. Within the UK at least I’ve found them incredibly helpful, (and free!), Even providing the relevant legislation to quote or sample template for a letter

I agree there are or have been red flags and I wouldn’t go near. However, intentionally misleading statements to obtain a sale (if indeed that is the case) should be the concern of all of us consumers who would appreciate fairness and want MSFS being represented in the best light. Whilst I am likely to trawl review sites or visit here, it shouldn’t be a requirement or expectation/pre-requisite for ordering anything in good faith.

If newcomers to the genre, experience this kind of disappointment early on, they will walk away and can be forgiven for assuming it is representative of the Sim as a whole, which we know not to be the case. Their loss will be ours also as the simming community loses interest and investment.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure these guys are in competition with Bredok among a couple others with how much can they can get away with. Seriously, a plane without a cockpit now. How far will this go I wonder. I’m not even that upset anymore about this kinda shenanigan.

No one actually cares on behalf of those who process things for marketplace. We’re dealing with a questionable conscience here. A bitter pill to swallow I know. What else could possibly be the motive other than greed huh? Just walk away from these types folks and give money to the trusted devs who care even though it might cost a little more.

1 Like