787 banking hard left during climb

Hello,

I programmed a flight from SFO to HNL and 3-5 minutes into the climb the 787 starts banking hard left. This is with AP on with LNAV and VNAV. Flight plan legs are correct and does not have a waypoint to turn around to and even if it did it just keeps turning in the steep bank to the left in circles. I’ve attached a photo. I’ve unplugged the joystick and also edited the deadzones to 15+ to try to fix but it did not.

Is this a known issue or is it something I could be doing wrong?

Not a great help other than a data point, but I’ve flown the 787 a few times in the last week with a flight plan on LNAV/VNAV and it has tracked waypoints just fine.

Do you get the same issue with other flight plans? Also, when you say you programmed a flight, do you mean in the world map view before clicking Fly, which is what I have been doing, or directly into the FMS in the cockpit?

1 Like

Thanks for reply. I actually programmed it in the world map and then made sure it was correct in the FMC… didn’t change anything.

This has happened to me in the past usually when engaging AP for the first time shortly after take-off with LNAV/VNAV selected. Not sure if it is a bug or something I did wrong. Once it started banking like that, I turned off AP, manually flew the plane back on track, switched the AP back on and the plane continued the flight plan correctly.

1 Like

hey mate got the same issue its really anoying

1 Like

ill delite the game tomorrow and install it again hopefully it will work

1 Like

I did the same and then it started banking not too long after manually putting plane back on course. I did a short flight from KLAS to KSFO and it flew fine. Maybe it’s only long flights?

Still having the problem after the latest update… did a different route this time and it immediately started banking after takeoff… dunno ■■■ is going on

Found the 787 HD Dev mod and got it installed hoping it would stop the route issue… Was working fine until about 12,000 ft into the climb and then started the hard bank to the left… :neutral_face:

I sometimes have the same issue with the 787. Just yesterday en route to KLAX. Turning on LNAV it banks hard to the left, away from where it should be going. Turned off AP after. I think I had the problem once on approach to MIA.

Yes just did a another flight last night. Built the route completely from the FMC without help from the FS2020 Main Menu. Fine until a about 5-10k feet… Drifts off course… FD crosshairs start slumping over and fall apart like it needs a via-gra… have to disengage autopilot to fix the course… re-enable auto pilot and then does it again randomly… deadzones are at 13%… I’m using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro… I just bought the thrustmaster airbus captains edition but I doubt that’s going to be the fix.

I’m also using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro! I don’t think the joystick’s the problem though.

Doing another flight now and I’m thinking it might be the mouse cursor… I have dual screens and I noticed it started acting weird when I was clicking around in another window while the AP was performing a turn… clicked back into the cockpit and barely nudged the joystick and FD took over again… could be wrong though… these are my current assistance:

hmm it also could be happening when I change throughout my custom views with the keypad

I have solved the issue and hope this works for everyone else. I noticed the problem happening when I was toggling through my custom views that I have mapped on the keypad. I checked my controls in the options and see the keys were also mapped to aileron, rudder and trim adjusters. I removed all of those and left the keys only mapped to change the custom views. This solved it… hope it works for you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.