B787 Rudder and Elevator won't move

Which aircraft are you experiencing this issue in?

Boeing 787

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When I am flying the 787, randomly, I will lose the rudder/tiller, and the elevator controls (ailerons work fine). The physical yoke inputs are being sent in sim as shown in the video, so it isn’t a hardware problem, more of an in-sim aircraft problem (this is really hard to explain lol. Just watch the video you will see the yoke and rudder pedals moving, but the physical rudder and elevator not).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0luSES42oVg

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Spawn in the 787 at any airport
  2. use the flight controls(rudder and elevator)

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

AAU 2 Beta (1.33.3.0)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have the same issue below 10kts for sharp turns and goes away below 15 kts my other control surfaces worked fine.

Same happening here

Same problem here

I have a similar issue during the rollout on the 787, the nose steering is uncontrollable.

Same happening to me. Did you manage to find any fix? Thank you

Yes. Any airport, B787X.

Rudder and elevator doesn’t work when parked. It works when throttle is put into reverse. It also works when taxiing at or above 10 knots. 0-10 knots - issue occurs.

No.

Same happening here

Same here, but i temporarly fixed it by key binding weel steering with the same as rudder controll, but if i start turing above 11 knots and the finish the turn below 10, the steering is locked at turn, so i have to constantly correct it. But funny is if i go above 11 knots again, it starts taxiing straight again…

Almost the same, a few miner differences.

The rudder, speed brake/spoilers, elevators, brakes and finally reverse thrust are all bugged and don’t work properly.

Very unfortunately my screenshots are broken and I can’t take any, likewise with my recorder.

Renamed from ‘787 flight control bug’ for clarity

Yes

I’m having the same problem with the Kuro 787-8. The yoke and the rudder pedals move normally inside, but the control surfaces don’t move at all. The ailerons work normally. The default 787 controls work normally. Has anyone found a workaround?

Hey mate, looks like it is actually a feature of the 787, it wont move the control surfaces such as the elevator and rudder on the ground since there is no need to. Because if there is no air passing past them they would be ineffective anyway. Hopefully that helps :slight_smile:

That’s very interesting, I had never heard that before. The problem is that I can’t use nosewheel steering on the ground at less than 10 mph. I have gone back to the default 787-10, it works fine.

Thanks for the info,

Sirraj

1 Like