787 issue with joy stick controls in VR

I wanted to see if anyone else has an issue, if you hit the TAB key in VR and bring up somethting like weather, etc, does it make your flight sticks not function?

I have the Logitech X56 HOTAS, and tried to bring up the ATC box, and after I did that, I could not use throttle, pedals, or stick, till I restarted PC.

You might want to further this in the older discussion about this:
Joystick, xbox controller stop working - Virtual Reality (VR) / General - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

(found using the forum search feature with the following keywords: 787 joystick )

You are not alone. While in 787 and VR, if I press the tab to view the menu, my keyboard and joystick are disabled. Mouse is okay. My community folder is empty. The A320, 747, and Longitude are functioning properly. Just the 787. I have to close to desktop.

Solution: I reassigned the menu key to another key. I am using the ~ ` key. The 787 now displays the menu and the keyboard and joystick are responsive. Other aircraft are working too. Just for fun, I changed the assignment back to tab and tried the 787. Using tab to display the menu continues to disable the keyboard and joystick. There must be something else in the 787 that is mapped to the tab key but I can’t determine what would lock up input.

I flew a full VR flight in the 787 with the previous build (1.13.12 or whatever it was) and had no problems with the TAB button. However I downloaded 1.14.5 and just yesterday I was setting up a flight and plugged my Honeycomb Alpha in while MSFS was on the pre-loading screen splash. Then I started having this weird issue with TAB and noticed that I have a random “touch pointer” in controls that has nothing assigned to it, but flashes controls when I exit and press ESC again, go to controls and look at what it is doing. But then it blanks again. Regardless, my yoke, throttles, and rudder, (and keyboard for that matter, except ESC) are all non-functional. I can still mouse and mouse click on things, but just other inputs. . .

THEN:

The weird thing is, I can get my controls back by right clicking on the 787 lower MFD with the FMS on it and moving the magenta # cursor with the mouse. Pressing TAB again causes control loss again, but at least it’s “retrievable.”

I have a sneaking suspicion that plugging in the controller while the game was loading boggered something up.

I concur I have the same problem here. Touching TAB disables the controls. I’ll try reassigning menu to something else thanks for the tip

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.