95% of my time in the game is redownloading failed packages

Worked fine for me from ORBX Central. Perhaps that is what you need at this point.

There should be a folder in the "Official " - “OneStore” file for this addon.
Remove that folder and re-try.

I’m having the same problem, but with official Asobo feature downloads. If you ever find out what is going wrong with your package, please set down the answer in this thread. Thank you.

Can you describe in a bit more detail?
What “Asobo feature downloads” does this happens with and where does the download stop?

Thank you for you interest.
I’ve spelt it all out here Feature updates not all loading in great detail, and reported it using the Support ZenDesk.

If you are still having issues, one of the solutions is to try a VPN.

Here is a link to a similar issue, and the steps that solved it.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/impossibly-slow-updates/366216/191?u=thesevenflyer

OK, here’s a little new twist on this problem. None of the official suggestions appeared to work, so I took things into my own hands and deleted the existing installation completely. My PC has been (slowly) downloading this monster for 3 days now, and the data consumption is out of all proportion with the amount of downloaded data that I have managed to get to in that time.
Here are some figures to ponder:
Size of download - 148.23 GB
Amount downloaded (in 3 days) - 134.45 GB
Amount of data actually received from my ISP - 843.846 GB
That’s SIX TIMES the amount of data that it should take to download this beast!
Now to be fair, my AVERAGE daily use for the most recent month that wasn’t smashed by this horror was 19 GB, so I guess that in fairness, I should reduce the amount of data used by this thing by 60 GB, but that still leaves around 780 GB, which is nearly 6 times the amount of data that I should be downloading.
Here are images of my daily usage. I also have this in Excel format (the numbers themselves) if anyone is interested.

The spike on 19/02/21 is the UK download, BTW.
This has been logged on Zendesk as issue 95282

I think I may have cracked it (for me). I changed the stability settings in my router from “Maximum Performance” to mid-way between that and “Maximum Stability”, and while the speed hasn’t changed, the actual packages & %age of download has increased quite a bit.

It has worked!

Wrong. Only the actual download worked. Since then I’ve:

1. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the whole sim: No change - just a slightly different set of packages failed to instal!
  2. Ran Recovery and reinstalled Windows (again), and ran the Installation again from the Microsoft Store. Went back to a very slow download again, with the added complication that every few seconds I was getting a continuous "Cloud " warning while it was downloading.
  3. Finally got back into MSFS and now I’ve got MORE (mainly DIFFERENT???) packages that won’t upload and install!
    I’m getting to the point now where I feel that I’ve given the “experts” all the information about this condition that I can, and that they appear to only have palliative advice that - maybe - has worked for someone else with a “similar” problem. None of it has worked for me.
    I’ll tell you what - I’ve NEVER given up on a Microsoft Flight Simulator, but right now, I am on the cusp of uninstalling the whole thing, and walking away from it for 12 months or more, and at 74, that’s a long time!

Did you try the VPN?
It has solved numerous issues such as this.
Lots of posts here on that.

1 Like

The VPN???

Use a Virtual Private Network (such as the free Proton VPN) to download the sim and updates.
It has proved very successful in situations such as yours.
No guarantees, naturally, but it is worth a try.
If you want more information, just search for VPN here in the forums.

1 Like

Gotcha - I have NordVPN, so that should work OK. I’ll give it a try.
Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I know how you feel. After 3 months of failed downloads I bought the disk set. Install complete, be buggered I had to download the bonus pack 20+gb. Then bingo, a 91 gb upgrade.

So, in 3 months I have had 1x 30 min flight, used over 300gb data on failed downloads, and right now I am waiting the this 91 gb download, which has taken 14 hours so far and less than 30% complete.

I am ready to walk away.

I’m about ready to try my next attempt to install it. I’ve reinstalled Windows, and won’t install anything else unless required to do so.
Tonight / tomorrow, I’ll:

• Install Surfshark
  • Install any new MS Updates,
  • Run Surfshark - locally
  • Open the Microsoft Store
  • Reload MSFS2020
    and about 48 hours later, from earlier experience:
  • Fire up Flight Sim
  • Go to the World Update page and see whether there are still updates that I need to do.
    If so, I’ll try to upload / install them.
    Fingers crossed, but I’m losing any faith that I am near the end of this one right now.

70 hours later only 40% into 90gb download.

After 3 months of failed downloads, only 30 min flight since 1st install, no response to support tickets, not to mention the cost of data 300+gb, I am well and truly finished with being screwed over by Microsoft.

about 20 hours into download. 29gb of download completed (it was suspended for about 12 hours), but according to my ISP, OVER 200gb of data downloaded! Where is it all going to?
Again, I’ve reinstalled Windows, and NOTHING else other than a VPN (which was a suggested solution to my problem). I’ve got it on a Cat^ cable connection to my router. I’m on a 50mb unlimited data plan. I can do no more - except to wait a couple more days to see if it downloads eventually DESPITE the exorbitant data usage!
I am well and truly peed off!

OAPJRG, I have given up entirely and have asked for a full refund on both download and boxed version. A$99 and A$199. They asked for order #'s and said will get back to me.

This product is nowhere near customer ready and I will not be revisiting in the foreseeable future. ALso it is only a game and as a commercial pilot I don’t care if there are no rosebushes at LA airport.

Back to FSX with study level airplanes and reliability.

Insult to injury: Refund refused.