A beta channel for updates

I would like to see the addition of a beta channel containing future updates. This would allow users to test updates, give feedback and catch bugs before updates are rolled out to all players.

This is a really good idea. Congratulations for being constructive :slight_smile:

It could take a fair bit of work to setup and wont stop all the snarkyness but it would be good if it isn’t too much effort. Obviously if devs are working on setting all this up (and it is unlikely to be trivial) then they aren’t working on patches, it depends on whether the people needed to get this going are as busy as the ones doing lots of fixes.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this before as I would do it. They need to use real end users with various hardware/software.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add a beta version players can enable before releasing a patch

I’m sorry to close this. You may have seen that there is another topic that has overtaken this one in votes, and even though this post is two days older than that one, we must keep only one topic open to avoid people’s votes getting spread thin among many topics.

Our forum software cannot combine votes, so please vote here:

@Valkenswaard , I just moved your post to the other topic.