A Call to all

And it’s not just specific to this forum.

I’m involved in another major forum (externally) dedicated to MSFS (will remain unnamed).

I’ve ascertained who the Microsoft Haters are. I’ve called them out for repeatedly bashing MS/Asobo to the extent that they’ve made it obvious.

I’m all for free speech and healthy, rigorous & respectful debate in pointing out issues, bugs, etc. But their repeated intentional besmirching does not fit into either free speech or justice evidence based debate. They have an agenda driven by either hatred for MS (because MS dropped FSX and the franchise, or just hate MS outright) or they are closely aligned with LM or Laminar (either in private or business terms).

I’m fairly certain MS/Asobo knew that they would be easy game to the haters & harsh / unjust critics - not the 1st time MS are swimming in the big pond with other large predators. I doubt they’re taking any of these unjust/unfiar/bias criticisms personally.

The best strategy for those of us who believe in this new platform is to band together and call-out the trolls.

They’ll get the message sooner or later.

7 Likes

Ahem ~avsim~?

Why dont people listen… we watching this thread closely. more off topic posts deleted

9 Likes

A point of view from the perspective of the bigger picture.
Nicely put Sir.

And welcome. I advise you to collect your tin hat should you wish to stay.

SilvRav

Hi and thanks.

I have said this once already in this thread but it really does bear repeating:

3 Likes

Most of them are simply very emotional. But even with all the discontent, there are those who are trying to further anger already confused people. I myself have recently been a little emotional and even aggressive. But I do not like that on this forum we are all fighting with each other. Our task is to identify problems, discuss them and convey them to the developer. All. We should also share good impressions. After all, with all the problems, this simulator personally made me a happy person. And I’m ready to wait for the bug fixes. After all, I work a lot and don’t spend days playing games. So I can wait. Let’s just have a constructive dialogue, without humiliation, insults to each other and the developers. This product is huge and has a lot of bugs and fixes. but they work day and night for us to make us happy. We paid between $ 60 and $ 120 today. But in a year this game will cost thousands of dollars. But we will continue to use it and not pay more for a better and better world that they will improve. sorry bad english! …

4 Likes

Another hear, hear to you sir.
Worth saying.
Thanks.

Doing that has the potential to cause more problems.

If you believe someone is breaking the Code of Conduct, the best thing you can do is hit the report (:white_flag:) button, and let the moderators handle it. If you don’t have that option because you haven’t reached TL2, then send a private message to @moderators instead.

When posting, make sure your post is positive.

I am not suggesting you must praise, and that you cannot criticize ideas, or complain. But if you are, try to provide constructive criticism as constructive criticism provides suggestions and the opportunity for people to understand what they might be doing wrong, and improve.

One last thing, every community has people who will try to derail threads on purpose, to get a rise out of others. If you don’t engage with them and starve them of content, they eventually get bored and give up.

6 Likes

A shame.
Maybe some of us would like to hear what you have to say.
'Course I don’t blame you.

Thanks.

Direct, concise, unequivocal.
Now we ALL know what to do.

Knowledge is power folks.

I am sure that over time there will be fewer provocateurs. The release of the simulator caused a big boom in the global community, and those people who did not know about the simulator just came and just plunged their claws here to provoke others and drain their anger on everyone. Perhaps they found a place here to release their negative energy. It’s like quarreling with anyone because of your inner problems.
I agree that part of the community is outraged by critical errors, but this is not a reason to attack everyone, be rude and write about any courts and so on. It looks just as funny and just as weird.

4 Likes

Agreed.
And I earnestly hope you’re right about the future.

Hi @chrisross106677
Ah thanks for that - I understand now. Sounds like you guys did a lot of work for very little - generous!
Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

HI @Blitzer303
I removed my Facebook account years ago - Best thing I ever did! Last thing I need is pic’s of coffee or meals from all the people I used to know, or worse, a pic of them in the mirror pouting their lips! haha.
Hope to see your posts here from time to time.
Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

1 Like

One is also completely transparent so you can see the bugs and yes, money does play a factor. Especially in these times where people want to enjoy the game at this time and not two years down the line. They were marketed a certain product and they got something else.

It’s ok to allow them to vent. Just don’t comment and move on. Same goes for the praise threads, allow them to say what they want to say and move on.

1 Like

Lol that’s a very specific scenario. Most of the complaints seem to be not that right?

HI All.

Sadly the “forum’s” in most sims are the same. Your going to get bad & good. and its going to be up to the individual reader to filter what they read (( though these forums are monitored much better than others ))

No one likes to read a negative post … right ?
Here are a couple of things I would like to mention.

Firstly its Text . not vocal. What do I mean by this.

When you are talking to someone we automatically pick on the tone of their voice and this generally sets the feeling of the conversation. How ever when we are reading the tone is set by our own mood. try reading a happy quote when your in a bad mood , bet it wont have the same effect . Just sometimes we read things differently depending on our state of mind. (( this does have a small impact but we often over look this ))

I also come from a Technical PC background. Quite often I can read a post and its clear the reason they are complaining is because the don’t understand . either a process , or its technical. and when we don’t understand we get frustrated. Even verbally trying to get things across frustrated can lead to negativity.

Technically MSFS 2000 is a beast with all its options, settings , streaming data, Etc
Yes it has its bugs and even I have to stop playing and take a break as things get glitchy. ( just like most Sim’s I Play )
And that’s ok cause in reality its saving my marriage

I know people expect everything to be working straight from the get go.
If you look at what is working instead is it really that bad ?

Most of the plane models’ visually are spot on or pretty dam close.
Most of the airports & services are working and I am impressed that’s even in here.
Shadows , Shading and the visual effects are out standing.
While most of my flights are completed successfully . with bugs and work arounds.
I am still able to to learn how things work. the different systems.
I am taking that time time to focus on learning those. while they fix other things.
And constantly watching videos of others.

I want to say a big UPS to the creators & developers and everyone who has and still is working on this.
Thank for providing the Forum and the Mods to keep it going.
And of course to all of you who are contributing and posting Thank you.

Safe flying all

1 Like

Maybe suggest to Microsoft to give you a paid monthly subscription to the flight club, a secret private section of the forums. I’m sure that income will help all of us.

Sticky this post in a new thread please. It goes both ways and just because you’re defending the developers doesn’t mean you are doing good for the community

1 Like

Hmm. Not sure about that.

Look, if someone praises me or criticises me, that’s fine. I might just learn something. Great!
But don’t abuse or bully me whilst doing it, is all.

1 Like