A.I. Co-PIlot: Charlie still AWOL after World Update II

He’s called Charlie. He used to turn up for work around here. Sure, he was given to rolling in still half-drunk from the night before, and he could often forget basic procedures mid-flight, but - dammit - he sometimes got things right, at least some of the time.

I’ve spoken to HR and Personnel - nobody’s seen him for a while. They haven’t a clue where he’s at. As far as I can recall, sometime around that big Japan update he dropped off the radar. I dunno, maybe Corporate finally had enough of his reckless clowning about, and I’m sure the endless complaints from his frightened passengers can’t have helped, but it’s odd how he just disappeared like that.

Have you seen Charlie? After we got the US update I kinda hoped he’d put in an appearance again, so I took a plane out and waited for him to show up. No luck.

Charlie…? Are you out there, buddy…?

9 Likes

nice one … :blush:

All that being dropped on his head as a child finally caught up with him. Originally it had just given him severe, irreversible brain damage. But now he’s no longer with us.

I heard he had a drop too much of the saki in Japan and is now drying out in a rehabilitation centre in France the word is he’s coming back to work soon on light duties and will be fully functioning sometime next year :grin:

1 Like

Charlie is still AWOL, even after the latest patch in which the developers claim ‘A.I. Co-Pilot behaviour has been improved’. It would be nice if he/she even turned up for the flights.

I don’t understand what is so completely beyond the devs - Charlie needs to fly the plane from A to B. It’s the very simplest of flight plans, but because Charlie is AWOL the plane simply does its own thing, can barely take-off without major mishap, ignores the destination waypoint and just flies about aimlessly until it crashes.

A long time ago, when MSFS 2020 launched, Charlie was at least showing up for duty. For the longest time now, he/she’s been completely absent. Not sure what the devs are doing, but ‘improving A.I. Co-Pilot behavior’ is clearly not one of them.

Extremely poor show, Asobo. I bought this sim (Premium Deluxe version) to have Charlie fly me around the world while I looked at all the pretty pictures. Still waiting for you to come good on that promise.

2 Likes

Charlie’s fine for me. In fact he’s very rigorous and thorough with regards to testing an aircrafts limits. A recent flight into Barcelona included stress testing the engines all the way. Full power or no power is the motto. In turn an evaluation of the airframe was conducted, cruising along in overspeed conditions for 95% of the flight, all the while testing the control surfaces with constant and rapid elevator changes. Finally, after a nice and controlled, yet very steep decent, a perfect approach was executed, into the sea around 5 miles away from the airport, testing the survivability. 10/10 on all counts.

Personally, I refuse to call him Charlie. To me, he will always be Left Turn Larry.