A long series of completely legitimate and extremely serious complaints about MSFS

It’ll be fixed.

Smile, it’ll get better. No need to get angry.

1 Like

I am smiling. In fact some bugs are so funny I can’t stop laughing. Like ATC saying:

“Delta one one three one heavy, Anchorage Center, continue to fifty-eight times ten to the power of eighty as planned.”.

It’s late in the evening, and the neighbors must be thinking I’m going mad from laughing so much :slight_smile:

That doesn’t change the fact that it was released too early, in a state that would normally have deserved the “early access” label. If they did that, and didn’t advertise it as a release quality product, I would have had no problem with its early release.

So, you’ll have to forgive me when I’m not terribly amused when the complaints about its quality are disparaged.

1 Like

I think the content of the post highlights it’s disparaging absolutely insane complaining like those saying an airfield is missing or that you have to press a button on the splash screen or that you had to pay a lot.

There are issues, yes, mostly around UI and window dressing and most of the big issues are effecting one single aircraft. The core sim experience is there, especially if you fly GA VFR.

Again, everything will be fixed. It’s a tad hyperbolic to say anything is early access, when from a QA perspective you have a few minor C class issues and only one gimped aircraft. Is it worth delaying the game by a week to fix one aircraft? The rest will all be triaged and will be sorted in due course.

Enjoy the thread for what it’s intended: taking the micky out of the people making insane demands or childish complaints. Sure the game has bugs, but they’ll be sorted sooner rather than later and the complaints about them won’t age very well at all.

The OPs post will age wonderfully.

2 Likes

This sounds familiar… :upside_down_face:

Well since we’re a GaaS now they’ll have to be sorted or this game will die. Not really wiggle room on this one.

The thing is it wouldn’t have been delaying. The initial schedule was to release this sometime before the holidays, and the the schedule was recently changed to this summer release, for some unknown reason.

And it’s not just one aircraft. There are countless bugs in various areas. I noted down 35 issues after flying just a few hours in the first night when it was released. Yes, some were cosmetic, as those described by the initial post, but more than half were quite serious.

I really doubt that the Asobo developers said: “our current queue of bugs is quite small, there is nothing important left to fix, let’s release it”. It’s very likely this early release was forced upon them, probably by Microsoft.

And again, I would have had no problem with that, plans change. But call it what it is. An early access release.

2 Likes

Exactly and that’s why I think it is important to point out the issues, so devs can get a better idea of where to focus or what people value most. Downplaying bugs or questioning what other people feel the sim is lacking will take us nowhere.

Not that we should all go holding hands to the same place but…any flaw pointed out by any of us is a chance to improve the sim for everyone. That or we can make of this a circle**** party and hope the devs figure out by themselves what we want.

Well you’re right, but I’d venture to say partially right. If there was willingness or being forced to release it early, and that hadn’t hurt initial sales, then MS could also force the studio to shutter improvement efforts and abandon support.

They could take the money and go home.

Anything is possible, really. The state of the software industry means there’s a very real chance of this software not having longevity. It happens all the time.

We haven’t seen any patches since launch, or detailed explanations of the problems people are having. We also don’t have a timeline commitment for fixes.

When you mentioned 2.0 and Meigs field I lost it Lol

2 Likes

LOL!

Now, how long did you spend trying to inflate Otto?

2 Likes

Great post :smiley:

#1 complaint - complaining about an airport that is actually not there in RL??? Really bro?

What’s with all that wining these days?? :joy:

1 Like

Haven’t finished reading your post yet, but Meigs field was buldozed in an illegal move by the mayor since the last Flight Sim was released. It’s a park today. The aviation community is still pretty angry about that move. Several businesses had to close because they lost revenue and logistics over it. I give props to Microsoft for adding in this painful bit of reality.

3 Likes

Totally agree in point of the A320 neo. This is rediculous. Even if you had 600hrs on a JAR Design Airbus A320 (everyone laughed about because being in competition with the A320´from Flight Factor) you are not able to get the plane working like you should do. Or even flying. Sounds where recorded from real Airbus? Nope. Definetly not.

787 Dreamline is nearly not controlable. You can pull and push like a madman on the Horn or Sidestick, the fat bird is reacting like a sperm whale.

When you start at night a new flight and you picked the wrong little birdie from that 20-30 aircraft list (depends on your wallet), you´re screwed. Because alot of the birdies have NO lights on in the Cockpit. Only Displays are on and major functions, but no knobs are lightened. So If you want to start the bird in total darkness, better go home. because you won´t find the switch for the cockpit lights.

And Yes, also my Homebase airport is missing. But I guess, they will fill the list with each patch getting online. Was the same in X-Plane, so chill out. At least they will may ask for some dollars in the programmers cup, asking for some food.

But even we all scream at MFS now and the team and blame them for this topic and that failure… I have to say: You all did an amazing job!! The atmosphere, terrain,etc is just georgeus!

I personally prefer very realistic aircraft in control ways, navigation like SID and Stars and with all knobs to be operable, but I guess I´m not the only one.

And if the MFS Team is following their customers, especially their feedbacks and critisism, I guess this Version could get a all time legend.

Greetings from EDDS (Which is missing)

Toulouse (also missing) :wink:

3 Likes

Who knows if its a good game? The installer is so bad I am unlikely to ever find out. On a $6000+ rig with 10TB of nvme which has no issues with anything else. Maybe its Windows 20H2 that is the issue. But nothing else has shown a problem with this OS.

You forgot to mention how the game is “too european”. You’ll then need to quickly walk back your statement after you realize how silly that sounds after reading it aloud to yourself, and then you’ll have pander to everyone who lights you up for not being worldly enough.

I especially like the your focus on the problem rather than solutions. I often find the best way to get everyone “fired up” and excited to work on something is the hyper-focus on the minutiae.

we can only go up from here!

avoir un bonbon

That gave me a good giggle. I had a quick go in it yesterday and I think it’s the only time in 20+ yrs of simming where I was gob smacked at what I was looking at; it is gorgeous and the closest ‘out of the box’ facsimile of the real world & environment I’ve seen in any flight sim.

Yes there are things that aren’t right, that are even more grating when you’ve spent years flying 3rd party addons but all this will be ironed out in due course I’m sure. This is nothing like FSX for me which upon release was installed once, performed badly and then not revisited for about 2 yrs - and for a comparison of what you got then, just do a clean install of FSX and look at the difference!

I’m looking forward to doing some low level flying and going exploring while the airliners are being worked on…once I’ve figured out how to pan my view more efficiently than that mouse technique :joy:!

These images also explain why Charlie A.I. always seems intent on dumping my 4 million dollar TBM 930 in the field adjacent to the taxiway.

He’s clearly a gaunt alcoholic - look at his hand placement. Who sits like that? People who are completely losing their minds from tremens delirium and just trying to keep it together, thats who.

The A.I. is much broken though - so please fix it, maybe. Also, nobody knows how any of the buttons work. I’m a simple man. Give me a checklist.

2 Likes

If you don’t know where the interior lights are (some aircraft I don’t know where the switch is), why not turn on the flashlight/torch to see? MSFS does a flashlight/torch. In real life, I carry mine in my flight bag. I don’t know if you know this, but when it’s dark outside such as night time, it’s usually dark inside until you turn on some source of light.

Good read :rofl:.