A nice touch

Wouldn’t it be nice if the ATC, Weight & Balance, Nav Log and VFR map came up on an iPad or MS Tablet instead of the current menu. I usually open them and spread them across the co-pilot seat but a tablet you could interact with would be “a nice touch”.

1 Like

Hi

I’m looking at trying to do something similar for the ATC window, I believe you can use a program like Spacedesk app that allows you to use your iPad as a 2nd PC monitor.

You can then I think drag the open MSFS window you want into this …
I think I’ve seen a video on YouTube explaining how to use spacedesk.

Hope this helps
Regards
Ex Tenebris

Are you talking about a virtual tablet, like Avitab, or an actual physical one?

A virtual one inside VR. At the moment I’m pressing Scroll Lock and V and spreading them on the co-pilots seat. A virtual tablet you could scroll through would be way cooler!

1 Like

You certainly have my vote then, especially if said virtual tablet could also be used to view Navigraph Charts.

1 Like

Agree. I think this is important. Neither a physical tablet - nor a app external to MSFS - is useful when using VR.

I usually shrink the ATC window down to about the “size” of a small iPad and stick it to my yoke. I wish there was a way to bring outside windows into VR and interact with them.

How do you stick it to your yoke? You are talking about the VR yoke in the cockpit, right?

If you left click and grab it at the top like a regular window, you can use the mouse wheel to shrink it down and bring it closer… into the cockpit. Using a combination of the mouse and relative position of my headset, I can position it in the cockpit wherever I want. I usually put it right in front of the yoke like it’s an iPad. It’s not really stuck to it, just positioned in front of it. It doesn’t move with the yoke but I dont spend a lot of time staring at it so the illusion is valid.

You can do this with any of the taskbar windows. Want your VFR map sitting on the seat next to you? Can do. Takes a bit off fiddling around to position it right but definitely can do.

Thanks. I was minimizing it and placing it below the panel.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.