A strange issue after installing WU IV

You should be safe to do the repair with the DVD version. All the repair does is that it repairs the MS Store link to MSFS. It doesn’t delete any data.

Clicking on Reset, will delete data.

1 Like

And I have also the fs base loop thing so I had to download netlimiter to stop that now it’s extremely slow but it bypass that

Did you try to “Disable Window Auto Tuning”?
Download stuck on packages / Install loop & Decompressing issues – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

A) Disable Window Auto-tuning

• In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt
  • In the menu select “Run as administrator
  • Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
  • Press enter
  • Reboot your computer

You only need to disable it for the download. After the download put autotuning back to normal:

A) Normal Window Auto-tuning

• In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt
  • In the menu select “Run as administrator
  • Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
  • Press enter
  • Reboot your computer
1 Like

I did that but I didn’t it’ shows error RIP

Hope asobo fix this men agg​:rofl::cold_sweat:

I agree. The installer/updater could use some re-work. :wink:

1 Like

Yea I am at school now will update you how many gib I have then🙋🏾‍♂️

One of the biggest things they need to change is the “Data Speed Limit” and “Data Cap” that users are able to set in the MSFS settings. The downloader & installer uses those settings and you can’t change them when updating. They need a way to bypass those settings.

So if a user set a data cap, and that cap has been reached, they won’t be able to update until their next cap cycle.

There’s a wishlist on this to have some type of override:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/slow-download-of-updates-and-game-files-data-limit-override-needed/374015

1 Like

Agreed! Hell yes

When I left home I had something in the 90GIB so I think I should be done in the evening 169,55 dang🥲

I actually do not have any issues downloading but my internet speed is only 50Mbps. A friend of mine in Prague, Czech Republic, he has 100Mbps and only gets from MSFS around 8MBps. So I had him try a VPN to bypass his ISP and that brought his speed to 80Mbps. Strange that some ISPs slows this traffic down and we’ve noticed will block it.

1 Like

Ah,yeah yeah pff hope after this it won’t show that anymore I will be ■■■■■■ off…

I have 106,62GIB Now

Tried everything suggested here…also tried to repair the app…
The problem still there…

1 Like

Yupp I have now just a black screen….

Don’t need to uninstall steam.

Just close steam completely and restart the application. (Steam)
This usually causes steam to resync for any updates that games in your library need.

1 Like

Did that now gonna check

Now I need 59,35 to download and I disable the the autotuning thing so I will see if the loop will go away

Did you join the beta for the last world update? The one where the first 300 people got in.

If so, you have to leave the beta first to get the proper update. I assume you were in the beta based on that version number of the sim you got.

I really don’t know where or what the beta is…I launched FS2020 as usual and I got the message to update the MS Store first and then I get the update message inside the sim…
That’s all

1 Like