👋 A warm welcome to all Xbox simmers

Solo Flight for Commodore 64 in my case. Cheers!

Good idea to track down how servers are maxed out on the first couple of weeks. Welcome all new simmers

Thanks! Brand new simmer here. This game is the sole reason I bought the seriesX, and I am counting seconds right now :relaxed:

7 Likes

Haha, get ready for Xbox-mayhem in the skies :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, welcome everyone! If I can offer ONE advice it would be to keep your expectations in check. This won’t be perfect. But no other sim had perfect initial releases - they were ALL going through growing pains. This one is no exception. Have patience for things that don’t work or don’t work right at this time. I have a good feeling this will be handled with time as the sim has improved by leaps and bounds over only several months. So
 don’t expect perfection and you won’t be disappointed. And take your time. Learn a thing or two. Watch YouTube videos on techniques and procedures - we all started there. Maybe even read a manual or two for things you use. Welcome! (And you won’t be seeing me in the skies cause I turned my multiplayer off so I don’t see you do crazy stuff). :wink:

8 Likes

First flight using Microsoft Flight Simulator
Las Vegas January 1982 Consumer Electronic Show.
The Demo was trying to land on an Aircraft Carrier.
Was a lot of fun O’ my how things have improved.
Enjoy the new update I am sure it will be another improvement.

2 Likes

Well said!

1 Like

Is sim update 5 for pc being released at the same time (8am pdt)?

Yes. 1234567890

Yes it is: 15:00 Zulu sharp!

1 Like

Hello everyone. Very much looking forward to taking to the skies via my Xbox Series X. My first flight sim experience - I’m not counting Flight Sim on the ZX Spectrum as I spent most of my time staring blankly at the screen - was Flight Sim 2004. That was followed by Flight Simulator X where I spent many years. My current PC just can’t do MFS 2020 justice so that’s where the Series X comes in - and it was the prime reason for picking up the console in November last year. Nice to see everyone.

5 Likes

Aaaand YESSSSSSSS

Welcome in a whole new world dear people!

1 Like

I gotta say this
 in the flight sim community there has been so much bitterness and vitriol thrown at the console players
 unfairly so. Look at them, these are fellow people who are excited about this. Don’t bring them down. We are all in this together. I really hope now that XBox version is out, the amount of divisive rhetoric will subside. I am very much what you’d call a “hardcore simmer”, whatever that is, but I do think that getting more people excited about this is a good thing. As long as they behave in a civil manner. :wink:

9 Likes

Nope
 still got the available soon screen.

i just restarted steam and the update is there already.

I’m talking about the Xbox version.

Same here also

Store update downloading

Now updating the sim
 38.3 GB

I have 27gb update standard