šŸ‘‹ A warm welcome to all Xbox simmers

Yes. Itā€™s a ā€˜flightā€™ simulator after all :wink:. Go look in the ā€˜post your cockpit pictures hereā€™ topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and see how crazy some of us areā€¦

2 Likes

Hahaha, it sure is a TRUE flight SIM! I havenā€™t played Microsoft Flight Sim in years, and the last time was on PC years ago :+1:t2:

1 Like

I started doing the flight training missions before I had to go to work. Liking it so far, but the only downside is using the Hotas and it tells me to press a certain button, but it ends up not being that (B4 was F2). Seems like a known issue so Iā€™ll have to tweak with it when I get home and try to figure out the best configuration for the 15 buttons. I donā€™t mind using the left stick of the controller to pan the cursor around though at the same time.

2 Likes

I am coming from mostly arcade flying Crew 2 and Ace Combat.The most sim like was War Thunder on cockpit mode.So this is leaps ahead and it makes my sim gear worth it for console.

2 Likes

I see you mostly played combat games. How do you like ā€˜justā€™ simming? Do you miss the ā€˜actionā€™ aspect, or does simming have other aspects that you like?

2 Likes

Is there a way to load external flight plans created by someone else (downloaded)? I have found the load option but it seems that it is limited to flight plans created by meā€¦

Yes there is. I made several flight plans using LittheNavMap (free!) and loaded them in the sim. We also get flight plans from others sometimes, which we import then. As long as itā€™s a compatible pln format you should be fine.

Just stopped by to say how enjoyable this game is. Looks fantastic in 4k hdr with a series x. Canā€™t fly for nuts but still enjoying it

3 Likes

Thatā€™s so great! Just enjoy the fun and the views without the complexity that comes with operating the airplanes and respecting all procedures. Where did you fly?

It is also true for the Xbox version?

Good question. I saw this topic and think that Xbox might have to wait for a future update to be able to do this. The post suggests loading a pln file from a usb stick. Donā€™t know if this helps you out?
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/in-game-friends-social-menu/425859

Thanks. We will seeā€¦

Are you able to browse to a USB drive from your console? Could you test this out? Might be a (temporary) solution worth posting here.

Just working my way through discovery

Great. Saw a post from some guy here nearly in tears about flying the Himalaya discovery tour. The scenery, the music. It was quite overwhelming to him. Really great flights, eh? Enjoy your time, mate!

2 Likes

Is anyone elseā€™s game crashing on series X. Not sure what to do. I start a flight and spawn at a gate then after start up Iā€™ll request pushback and few mins after the game will just crash and bring me to Xbox home page. Can someone help me please !
Thanks

Did you try to restart the Xbox? This seems to help sometimes.

You could also try to fly without pushback to see if this is the culprit.

If you donā€™t crash then, try spawning at some gate at another airport and maybe in another airliner. Just to check things out.

Iā€™ve restarted the Xbox loads. And Iā€™ve done just spawning on runway and a few mins into the air, itā€™ll crash?!!
I was downloading packs whilst playing so that could be issue but internet connection is fine so I have no clue what the issue is.
Just frustrating because I really want to fly!

Patience is a great reliever :wink:. I wouldnā€™t try to combine both, even if your backbone is strong enough. Youā€™ll keep files locked that the installer wants to replace. Recipe for disaster in my opinion.

You donā€™t drive your car while people are repairing it, do you? :wink:

What should I do then. Just keep restarting it ect?

Also, how do you get different livery like BA or American airline?
Is that a feature in the game