A way to mount Velocity One... when playing form sofa?

My Velocity One arrived yesterday so once my USB extension lead arrives tomorrow I’ll be looking to try it out. But I stupidly didn’t work out how the hell I’m going to mount it as I play from my sofa usually on Xbox with a large TV, rather than on a desk with monitor.

I’ve thought about lap tables but get the feeling when I pull the yoke there’s a fair chance it’ll just pull the whole table towards me. The only other option I can see is getting a sheet of acrylic and mounting/strap it to the footstool we have.

I imagine PC flyers may not encounter this issue much, but does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to make this work so I can use the yoke from the sofa?

Many thanks in advance for any advice people may have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tricky. How about something like this? Depends on the gap under your sofa though and you might still have the problem that pulling the yoke willjust pull the table onto you!

I bought this the other day. I get my V1F Wednesday and I’ll let you know how it works. I’ve got it put together and it seems like it will work well. Plus it gives me a spot to put my rudder pedals once TB releases them!

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It is a tough one and typically the sofa doesn’t have space under it for legs to slide. Feel like I’m going to have to make something work with the footstool we have. Maybe mount the yoke to some acrylic and then strap the acrylic to the footstool so it’s secured when it needs to be but can be remover when my wife complains!

Will just have to get a little creative I think…

I’m waiting for my VelocityOne to arrive and I play the same way you do.

I have one of these

And hoping the screw holes line up or I’ll see how I can MacGyver something.

Some of these mounts don’t require the base to be tucked under the sofa

I had exactly the same problem as you, and spent quite a lot of time thinking about the best solution before making a purchase. I ended up getting a portable folding desk, £147 from Wayfair. The dimensions are 1m x 0.5m and it weighs 12 kgs. It is sturdy enough to take the Velocity One but light enough overall to be moved across the room next to my sofa.
It works fine and has 4 legs, 2 of which I can pull up to the sofa for extra stability. I expect you have found a solution yourself by now as your post was in November, but this may help.

1 Like

Do you by any chance still have the name or model of that desk because it sounds like what I need

Did this work for you because I just got mine but can’t use it yet due to the same issue…

Here is a link to the table I bought.

2 Likes

I mounted mine to a TV dinner table lol. Sounds weird but works perfect.