A310-300 and Jenny engine sounds replaces your engine sounds when in proximity

Dude, thank you so much for this mod. I was at my wits end yesterday, had the A310 blaring in my ears with my Reverb G2, switched back to the cockpit and THEN it was the f’n Jenny… I was so frustrated I was about to throw my headset at the wall. lol

3 Likes

I was re-doing one of the flight lessons in a 152 (deadstick landing) and I could barely hear the instructor - I wondered what the hell (no, not heck, hell) was going on! No-one showing up as anywhere near me, I guess as it was a lesson.
Update: I went to redo it and I had my first CTD for months - could it be related?

Now that you mention it, there was a huge stutter just before it happened

I experienced this yesterday, I was flying the new Beaver and got close to an a310 near Kennedy in NYC, then when I go to external view I hear the a310 sounds like a dentist drill, toggle back inside it was ok, toggle outside bad sounds persist. I had already heard of someone reporting this so when it happened I just ended my flight early at the nearest sea plane base and started a new flight to get back to the expected sounds.

Dentist drill sounds accurate. I should edit the title to add that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

no matter if a310 and jenny are uninstalled, still same issue with loud toga sound during taxiing of AI

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

I’m now getting it whilst a flight lesson (Sedona KSEZ, Cessna 152) is being loaded up, I’m not even sat in the cockpit and I can hear a screaming jet engine. I’ve also experienced it at the same location whilst in cockpit (not experienced it outside the plane - I’m not playing GTAV)

n/a

Yes

A310 sounds outside and jenny inside - when either of them are close (airports)

yup

jet sound

n/a

As always, great job CCM !
FIX : CCM’s SU11 MP Sound fix » Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Likes

problem since last update. My msfs picks up the external sound of other players aircraft and plays it through your system. It was a bug in the SU11 beta. Founds its way back for release.

anyway of solving this

Yes, same bug but so bad I have to turn off Multiplayer at, or in the vicinity of YSSY Sydney by Fly Tampa in any aircraft I own, including all from the Premium Deluxe pack. It’s multiple high-pitch jet engine sounds and so loud that it’s unbearable. I like to fly with other players around me, but because this issue is sound related, I can’t do anything but turn off MP when it happens. If you see me disappear whilst taking off, that’s why, so I can get away from the area fast to get rid of that horrific noise.

Trying that workaround now…

YEP! these two planes are the root cause and that fix above has cleared my ears - YSSY is very busy and jet noise gone. The RAW file in the link above has a two aircraft in a folder, drag the folder into your Community folder and it’s solved. Kinda wondering how these planes escaped the release when it was reported in the beta? Hotfix please Asobo :smiley:

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes
Brief description of the issue:

Every time an AI spawns, or sometimes randomly, the A310s engine sounds play very loudly and it’s so annoying

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

is fixed now with the new update?

It was fixed on the latest SU11 beta, which supposedly rolled into the release version today, so it should be.

I still find the sound of this plane too loud.
I usually play with 40% volume, when the A310 was released I had to lower the volume to 5%
Now just to 25% but there is yet a drilling sound when you lower the speed that kills your ears when you fly in the external view, fact that I do 99% of the time, so it harms

I’d like the plane to have touch down sound on external view too

I have set cntl + P to shut down the engines in my keyboard, it works in all planes except this one. It does shut down but inmediately turns on. Can you make it respect the command set to shut it down?

Thanks
Carlos

1 Like

Can anyone confirm that the latest patch fixes the sounds of the A310 and the JN4 in multiplayer? I’m currently using a mod that completely disables certain addon aircraft sounds, (including the A310 and JN4) but also certain other addon aircraft that also have this issue, but if the sounds are fixed (ie quieter A310 within a shorter radius and an inaudible JN4 when in the cockpit view of my own aircraft) it could be worth getting the mod revised so as not to include the muting of the A310 and the JN4

1 Like

Anyone else note the A-1310 sound is much louder in external cam view from the front of the airplane but quieter when you view the plane from the rear? This to me is counter-intuitive?

1 Like

The bug still there for the Jenny! Also the APU and Engine are much too loud.

1 Like

Had the bug again today as well

1 Like